cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic visibility with Push buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could anyone please guide me how to use pushbuttons with Dyamic visibilty option.

Eg:-When I click on Push button1-It should display a bar chart

When we click on Push button1-It should display a bar chart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Push button has the value 1 or 0 and try to save the value of that button on a excel sheet cel let suppose A1l.

Then go to your Bar Chart in the property go to Behavior in that go to dynamic visibility section and map the cell to A1 and put a constant value to 1 .

SO when the value will become 1 then only u can see that chart.

hope this help if not send me the xls file to talk2vibhav at gmailcom i'll do it for you.

Cheers,

Mishra Vibhav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic Visiblity with push button is not a good pratice..So please dont try to use It...Push button is just used to inser Set of Data into desired Area....

So the best way for Dynamic Visiblity is to use Lable Based Menu ..If any Queries Please write to me at parvathaneni.satish AT mai.I am always happy to help you any time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully it's OK to ask a similar question here rather than create a new thread.

I would like to use the Label Based Menu component in conjunction with an invisible Toggle Button component (or possibly the new Push Button component). The hidden button would insert into the same cell that the Label Based Menu component is inserting into. This allows me to create what looks like a hyperlink in my dashboard that simply affects dynamic visibility.

This seems to work for the most part, except that the Label Based Menu does not change to reflect the current state accurately. For example, if both components insert "Apples" or "Bananas" as values into cell A1:

1. Toggle Button component successfully inserts "Apples" and dynamic visibility works, however

2. Label Based Menu component still shows "Bananas" as the active menu selection

I thought I had come across a feature in some components where you could tell the component to update itself based on the changing values in a given insertion cell, but I don't see that now for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A push button allows you to take any value, or array of values you want, and write that data to a different cell or array. Everytime you click it it will do the same thing.

If you want to show a different style of chart based on a use selection then I would suggest using something like a label based menu or a toggle button.

Regards

Pete