cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change sold to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We need to create a lot of Quotations each day and only few of them get converted to sales order. So if we create Customers Masters for the creation of Quotations, we will end up with a lot of useless customer masters. So we want to create a Quotation with a One Time Customer account and then only if the customer confirms the deal we want to create the sales order with the newly created customer code.

But in the over view screen of the sales order (which is created with reference to the Quotation), system is not allowing the change of SP.

In VTAA for these documents we have assigned 002 'Header Diff Customer' in Copying Requirements. Still . . . .

What can I do to acheive this requirement, with out this, we will end up with unnecessary CMRs. Plz help us out here gurus.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
system is not allowing the change of SP

Go to VOPA and check for the following:-

a) Place your mouse on "Customer Master"

b) Click "Partner procedures"

c) Double click "Sold To Party"

d) Remove the tick under the tab "Not changeable" against SP if tick is there

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing since no more replies, if anyone has an answer to this plz plz send me the solution.

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to do a different process for creating sales order:

As they said, In copy control VTAA's copy requirements put the entry 002.

Then create sales order in VA01, and put the customer number.

Click on sales document / create with reference / Quotation, and register the quotation's number.

It will show a warning message The sold-to parties are different. 11003538 and/or 200000 (reference).

As it is a warning message (because of the VTTA customizing), you can continue creating a sales order with a different sold to party.

Please let me know how if it works for you, it worked perfectly for our requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to change the sold to party in Sales order when copying with reference to a Quotation, then in the copy controls do not select "Update documnet Flow". Also in the +/_ box keep it blank.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping to get some help as well. I made the following configuration change so we could copy multiple quotation documents with different sold to accounts. However, the document flow of the original document only shows the documents from the original sold to account. THe business woudl like the all documents should be shown on the document flow, not just the original document.

Many thanks for check this post.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a quotation with default customer (Ex:1)and save the quatation. System show the incompletion for actual SP. Save the document with incomplte document.

System not allow to create the Order for incomplete document.

When ever quotation conerts into sales order goto quotation and maitain actual SP and save.Then create a order w.r.to Quotation.

I think because of this you need not to maintain more CMR's in the system.One default customer is enough.

I hope this one solve your problem......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry all, I just noticed my error in asking a question. I should have clarified that we need to create an Inquiry - Quotation - Sales Order.

Dear Amitesh,

Like I said in my question, in VTAA's copy requirements putting 002 is not working. Anything else?

Dear Anjaneyulu,

The requirement is to create an Inquiry - Quotation - Sales Order. Since our client receives around 30 to 40 enquiries per day, they need to capture them and prepare those many Quotations and sent out.

They need to do all this in the system so the management can track the number of Inquiries received, the number of Quotations sent and the number of Order secured.

For this they dont want to create Customer Master Records since all the Quotations will not get them orders, hence the need to create Inquiry and Quotation with a One Time Customer, where all the Enquirers' details are captured and then for only those Orders which are received, they want to create a Customer Master Record and with that number create a Sales Order. They need to have a Document Flow from Inquiry to Quotation to Sales Order for all the orders received, so we need to change customer number in the sales order. Cannot change in Quotation as there is an Inquiry as a preceeding document and system is not allowing to change the SP.

Any ideas??

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

in your copying control (VTAA) for your QT to OR, don't maintain DataT 001 Partner header.

Hope it can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar & Dearest Lakshmipathi jee,

Even if I change the 'Not Modifiable' to Modifiable, system is not allowing me to change the SP in a Sales Order which is copied from a Quotation.

Dear J Prakash,

If I delete the "DATA T : 001 Partner Header" entry in VTAA for my QT to OR, system is giving an error message and for any other combination entry in that field, system is not allowing me to change the SP in a Sales Order which is copied from a Quotation.

Any solution which can help me please.

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

In VTAA maintain 002 as copying requirement instead of Blank or 001.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

How about the Partner Determination procedure assigned to the Quotation/order? How is it set up for the SP partner with respect to the field 'Not Modifiable"?