cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring KPRO for generic object services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement where I have to configure KPRO as the storage for generic object services. We are using the generic object services for materials and hence using the Business object BUS1001. Please let me know of how to do the same or if we have any documents for configuring the Generic object services and KPRO please provide me the same.

Regards

Nilanjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

M requirement is in the material master, the user can attach jpeg files containing the image of the material. So we thought of using the Generic object services for this. For material the BO used is BUS1001006. Since the size of these documents can be large and there may be multiple documents per material so we thought of using KPRO instead of SAP database or archivelink.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not been around with Kpro. We use Archivelink. And with ArchiveLink you can use the free SAP contentserver which is a server environment outside SAP. This would keep your SAP database small.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I have the same requirements, how did you solve with KPRO and Services for object ?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

When we attach a file using ArchiveLink (Store Business Document) the filename, creator name, it not shown. Did you face the same scenario? if yes, did you fixed it some way or the other? if yes, would you please help?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i reply to the question you posted in my thread:

I solved the request without using Kpro. Kpro ist just a more comfortable way in managing documents. But using ArchiveLink and GOS is all you need if you just want to upload documents and view them in a linked transaction. I would be able to give you a better help if you would give a short introdcution in what you plan to do in detail.

kind regards Matthew