cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer unit coming in for repair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am hoping I am posting this in the right forum So I am posting in a few places....I am in desperate need of help...we are at our year end and have an issue that I need to clear up badly. We are using ECC 6.0

Scenerio

When we perform an inbound delivery on a customer unit coming in for repair, it automatically creates the service order in (IW31). The technician then releases it and repairs the unit. At times he may need material from the stock room for the repair. He adds this to his service order and it creates an automatic reservation. The stockroom issues the material in MIGO to the service order. If the technician decides he does not need the material he will then take it back to the stockroom for them to cancel the goods issue to the service order. We learned that the stockroom when doing the cancellation was cancelling the document to the order and not cancelling to the material document number....

Problem

When cancelling to the order it was putting this in a different GL account.

Goods issue to GL account 5XXXXXX

Cancellation to GL account 6XXXXXXX

So when we were doing the DP90 (billing request) the GL account number 6XXXXXX was popping up saying that the cost element is without combination odf the ZProfile (ODP1). The set up of the ODp1 is not the problem as we are not maintaining any of the cost elements there.

We tried to reverse the cancellation that was done to the order and cancel to the material document number so that it grabbed the correct GL account number...however the service order still shows the account number 6XXXXXXX in the actual costs...and when I try to run the DP90 again I get the same error.....I am not sure how the cost center is being derived in the service order for this as the technicians do not enter a cost center/element at all. They do chnage the account indicator at times but that is it.

Please give me any guidance as where to look so I can get this fixed.

I have tried to get with consultants but they are at a lost.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OPUU, you can the default the settings.

Every Material has a Valuation Class and that is linked with the General Modifers, Chart of accounts, Debit and credit GL Account in transaction OBYC. So while attaching the material, system will pick the GL from transaction OBYC, GBB in project builder and while issuing this material this Cost element will be debited.

Also for Inventory the GL is coming from BSX (OBYC) and the combination is valuation class,Chart of accounts and Account no(GL Account).

Hope this would assist you in understanding.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP and thanks for your response.

I am understanding what you are saying however when I am looking at the OBYC and OPUU I see different things..

First to start my valuation class is 7901

OPUU does not appear to have the profile set up for the service orders...I am only seeing two:

T&M-Fixd-R&D-Exp NW Profile w/Act. Asgmt

and

Capital NW Profile w/Act. Asgmt

In the OBYC transaction I do see the 5XXXXX with the GBB general modifier VBR only

In the OBYC transaction I do not see the 5XXXXX or the 6XXXXX with the BSX the valuation class 7901 starts with 13XXXX

Any more help? Is this a finance issue?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got that right, you may have to take assist of MM & FI consultant in the team.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP I am MM but need a good finance person.