cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Date - Copy Contract to Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A contract is copied from another contract. Both the source and target contract types are different.

Example:

A contract is created on 01.01.2009 and with validity period 01.01.2009 to 01.12.2009.

Today, the above contract is taken as reference for creation of another contract.

That is, a contract is copied today (24.06.2010) based on the previous contract with validity period 24.06.2010 to 23.06.2011.

The pricing date in the target contract is the same as in the Source contract. But the pricing date in the target contract should be today's date.

Please let me know the configuration setting for the above.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check/try working with 'Proposal for Pricing date' in the sales document type config? T code: VOV8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks a lot for your response.

There you are ... I was just thinking of that option only.... The document type currently have the option "C" (Pricing Date as Contract Start Date).

The other options are :

Blank - Pricing date as todays date.

A - Pricing Date as Requested Delivery Date

B - Pricing Date as VAlid from Date

As i don have the option of playing with configuration in my system, can you please let me as to which option would be apt for this requirement.

regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Jun 25, 2010 8:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option C should work as you said the new contract is valid from 06/24. I am wondering why it did not work. Go for option B. But now I am getting serious doubts if something else ( e.g. copy control) is taking control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea on what basis the pricing date used to get detrmined in the Target contract when copied ?

Please help !!!

Regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Jul 8, 2010 5:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control this via copy control. So, in IMG go to:

Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents; select Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document

1 - Click on position and enter on first field your target contract type and on 2nd field your origin contract type;

2 - Highlight the line item and double click on Item (left screen)

3 - Look for your item category

4 - Highlight it and click on details

5 - Field Pricing Type: Enter a re-pricing option

Or

Check the header details, and 2nd field DataT must have routine 101,

Alternatively, but you need an abaper

Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents; select Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document

1 - Click on position and enter on first field your target contract type and on 2nd field your origin contract type;

2 - Highlight the line item and double click on Item (left screen)

3 - Look for your item category

4 - Highlight it and click on details

5 - 2nd field DataT, you should have routine 102, ABAPer needs to make a copy of this routine (number range 9..) and in "* Fields which are not copied:" add "LOCAL: vbkd-prsdt."

Regards

Kikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kikas,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

With respect to ur point

"5 - 2nd field DataT, you should have routine 102, ABAPer needs to make a copy of this routine (number range 9..) and in " Fields which are not copied:" add "LOCAL: vbkd-prsdt."*

We don have the above setting in both Dev and QUA Systems but in Dev it is working fine for all the contracts but in QUA it is not working in most of the cases (for few contracts it is working).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to use the userexit MV45afzz

Hans