Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to derive calmonth from number of days

ramana_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My customer has the following requirement. They want a actual Vs Plan sales report,

with user input being the calmonth (Eg: 06/2010)

The format is as follows:

material | actual sales | Plan sales | material delivery (days) | plan calmonth

10 200 150 90 mar10

20 100 160 135 feb10

Here the plan sales should be restricted by calmonth, which should be calculated by deducting the number of material delivery days from the user input month. Eg: If the customer enters 06/2010 as the input, then the report should show actual sales for 06/2010, and plan sales for 'mar10' if the delivery days are 90 for material 10 (06/2010 - 90 days = 03/2010) and 'feb10' if the delivery days are 135 (06/2010 - 135 = 02/2010) for material 20.

Can you please help me out in arriving at the solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

ramana

Edited by: Ramana Kumar on Jun 24, 2010 3:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ramana_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Thanks for your reply. Your document gives a very good insight into aging analysis.

But I am actually looking at a report, where in the requirement is to derive a new calmonth from a given time period in days and a user input in calmonth.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think thta do this formula at query level es very dificult, probably you need to use virtual key figueres or characteristics, and this have a performance problems.

Probably, in my opinion, the best solution is try to obatain delivery date in the extractor or do some operation at transformation level.

Ex. You have the plan sales moth => 06/2010, and for the material the delivery days 90. In the transformación update a keyfiguere or characteristic with 03/2010.

Regards,

Dani

ramana_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dani,

Thanks for your reply. My infoprovider (cube) contains actual and plan sales data, against respective calmonths. Material data is in master infoobject, which I am getting into report by way of creating infoset with these two. Do you want me to create another cube on top of the original cube to calculate the cal month wise plan data? But with this, user will not have flexibility is choosing any clamonth, right? Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana