cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface determination in Int.Dir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hve the scenario RFC>XI>SOAP in which the receiver(inbound) interface and namespace are not visible in Interface determination. I created the inbound interface in IR but why then it is not visible in Int Directory.

DO i need to import something from IR or so.

Thanks,

Deno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you using Business <b>Service</b> for this ? If so , you need to explicitly add your Sender and Reciever Interfaces to the Business Service. Because Business Service is an Abstarct.

So for this go to Business Service and under Sender and Reciever Tab add specific interfaces(outbound/inbound).

If you create a Business <b>System</b> in the SLD , it is not required. If so activate the IR objects once again and check the Interface determination

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy. It is working now. I completed the design and configuration for sending an RFC from R/3 to invoke web service and get the response back.

I am not sure how to test the scenario. To be precise, what are the ways through which we can trigger the process. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Deno

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know ..

As it is RFC ->XI->WebService.

Testing options are

1) Manually executing the RFC with the help of trasaction code SE37 with the data

2) Invoking the function module from the any ABAP Program.

Hope it answers.. Please close the thread

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Moorthy. I created an RFC enabled function module in R3 and executed a report with call function 'Function module' Destination. Here what destination should I give? How do we link the RFC execution with the whole process. If it works correctly, then it should have displayed the response in the R/3 screen. Hope this helps you to reply back. Thanks in advance,

--Deno

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Destination should be your SM59 entry in R/3 system.

When you executed in the SE37 screen, you have given RFC_Target entry right ? give the same entry..

First you can check the entire sceanrio in SE37 and execute the RFC . RFC target system is Sm59>TCP/IP connections-><name of the target>.

If everything is ok, and is a synchronous, then you need to get the value back in the RFC (i.e ABAP Screen)

-moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Moorthy. I hear what you are saying. But the Function Module is in R3 and not in the target system. Then why do we need to give Destination? And please specify which RFC destination you are talking about. I can see 2 RFC destinations. One is R3 connecting to XI system of type R3 (which we dont need to use for sending RFC) and second is TCP/IP type configured in the Sender RFC adapter communication channel.

Thanks!

Deno

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC destination created in the R/3 pointing to XI system of Type TCP/IP. ( configured for the sender RFC adapter communication channel).

Did you check with SM37 in R/3 . and execute your RFC first. There you need to give RFC target as the RFC destination created in the SM59->TCP/IP COnnections-><pointing to the XI system>

Is it solved ?

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

It is not solved. The call function destination is throwing short dump error. I am not sure what destination should be given.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What it tells ? Go to ST22 in R/3 system and analyse the dump. What is the error ?

As I have already told, first test from the SE37. i.e without calling from the ABAP program..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Please explain me the use of RFC destination. When I created function module in R3, then which destination should we call.

Thanks!

Deno