cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V.23 not working in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have recently upgraded to ECC 6.0 and V.23 is not working as expected. In the earlier version, if we select Sales Order and selected Delete Billing block option, it would remove billing block straightaway but now its not doing that. Instead it goes to second screen and we need to click on Delete Billing block here again.

What it does is that it takes away the option of scheduling the job in background for removal of billing block.

Can someone suggest if SAP has provided any note for this, or any workaround from your side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Z... program will not be overwritten by the future releases but the transaction will. What you're describing is a modification. Rule of a thumb for modifications is that they should be implemented only when all other possible options have been exhausted.

I'd send a message to SAP, as I've previously suggested. IMHO in its current state the transaction is useless in background and the checkboxes don't work as expected. I don't see any valid reason for reducing functionality with the new release, so why would you need to do a modification or re-train your users? It's up to you, of course, but your company is paying for the software and maintenance, so I'm not sure why you hesitate to bother SAP with this problem.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works the same way in our system, although we don't use it in background hence no problem. There are no recent notes and I did not find any comments in the program's body that would identify ECC 6.0 changes (which doesn't mean they're not there.)

I would check first if in your old system you did not have a modification in this program (RVAUFSPE). And, if not, send a message to SAP. In ECC 6.0, when run in background, the program just creates a list and does not remove the billing block, regardless of the boxes checked.

Also, by the way, documentation (as pathetic as it is) is incorrect and mentions the parameter that does not exist. Sad, sad, sad...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jelena.

To resolve this problem, we have come with an approach. We have created a z program copying the code for v.23 from 4.6c and then assigned this program to tcode v.23 in ECC6.

As I understand, in any of the new releases, SAP only makes changes to programs. So, if we have assigned a z-program to v.23 now, I expect that in any of the future releases the program linked to v.23 will not be overwritten by SAP standard program.

I understand that this is not a good practice but if we create a new tcode for biling block removal, this would create quite a confusion among business users.

I would like to understand whether we should go ahead with this approach or not.