cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move database to another host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPiens,

I'm working with Solution Manager 7.0, distributed system, on Oracle 10.2.0.4.

I will have soon to move the SolMan database to another host. Nothing will be changed on the database (DBSID, listener name and port, etc) : the database and engine will be moved to another host.

I'm not quite sure about what I have to do, I have read different things, but I couldn't find specific SAP notes or posts about the issue.

My question is : would adapting profiles, DBHOST, tnsnames, etc be enough ? or should this only be done through a system copy ?

Thank you already & nice day,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Nobody can give light about this question ?

Thanks already,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just move your database to the new host and configure your listener etc. Change in the default.pfl the SAPDBHOST and change the TNS settings on your CI/APP servers.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I've had read and heard some opposites answers...!

Thank you so much for your answer !

Kind regards & have a nice day,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just move your database to the new host

This advice may require a bit more of caution than an innocent reader might suspect. I think a bit of clarification is appropriate here.

I would not just copy over all the Oracle files; in Unix there may (or may not nowadays) be some references to the hostname in executable files. So I would do a fresh Oracle install, and copy over data files afterwards. Details for this tasks may actually be found in the homogeneous system copy guide.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the extra explanation !

Best regards,

Eric

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

Thank you for your answer!

The post you're mentioning isn't the same case : they are moving all servers: only IP will be changed, and hostnames are kept.

In my case, the database is moved from one server to another one. That implies that the DB hostname will change, as well as the IP.

Have a nice day,

Eric

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at this post in the oracle forum:

I'm sure it will be of help

Br,

Javier