cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question. In OVA8 I can see static and dynamic credit check.Now I know static credit check comprise of open sales order, open delivery, open invoice, opens accounting document value.

Dynamic credit check comprise of open delivery, open invoice, open accounting document and open sales order and partially delivered sales order value. Open sales order Value is calculated based on shipping date and horizon mentioned in the OVA8.

Now if I remove the horizon in dynamic credit check OVA8 transaction and put it blank will dynamic credit check behave like static credit check?

Regards,

Bedayan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To the certain extent you are right if you keep Horizon date=0 the ystem date will act as horizon date.

The only differnece is that a dyanamic check can block an order beyond horizon date if the consumption lies within the current date and that part is not covered by static credit check.

However have handled both type of checks and suggest to go for dyanmic one if choice is your baby.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

As per the oss notes and your reply please see my understanding.Please let me know whether my understanding is correct or not.

Suppose horizon is = 2 month.

I am creating order on 20/06/2010.So SY-DATUS = 20/06/2010.

Horizon end date is = 20/08/2010.

*Scenario I:*

Now in sales order after availability check material availability date in sales order for example is 25/07/2010.So in this case dynamic credit check will happen.If material availability date is after 20/08/2010 then no dynamic credit check will happen.

ScenarioII

If in OVA8 horizon is blank or 0.In that case horizon end date is current date that is 20/06/2010.So if in sales order material availability date is coming as 25/07/2010 then not dyanmic credit check will happen.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or not?

Thanks for your help and support.

Regards,

Bedayan..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member131745
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have horizon 0, the horizon end data is the end of the actual month.

Horizon 0 does NOT mean that you work without horizon! So you have to enter horizon '999' if you want to do so. But in this case why don't you use static credit check? This would have the function that you want - to include every credit value of the sales order in creation, regardless of the delivery date.

I hope this helps.

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregard,

Thanks for your answer.I just want to know if Horizon left if blank willl dynmaic credit check will work as static credit check?

I just want to know..

Regards,

Bedayan.

former_member131745
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, it will not behave exactly the same.

Please refer to OSS note 379007 which describes the dynamic credit check in detail. At dot 1 the determination of horizon is

described. To determine the horizon the system takes the actual data (SY-DATUM) and add the number from horizon field of your credit settings (transaction OVA8). Because you have horizon 0, the horizon end data is the end of the current month.

I hope this clarifys this.

Gerard

Edited by: Gerard Magorrian on Jun 30, 2010 6:30 PM