cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly all expired workflow transactions got kick off and send to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone knows why I encounter this situation? It's weird as all those past workflow transaction that was initiated long time ago was suddenly gets time out today and send to me in a batch.

Does anyone know what should be the root cause and if anyway I can solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encountered a similar problem. Please check if someone recently activated the Workflow Deadline monitoring in your system.

Whent the deadline monitoring is inactive, the workitems with expired deadlines are not sent to the respective agents. But, When the deadline monitoring is activated, all the workitems with expired deadlines are activated and sent to the respective agents. so, the workitems whose deadline had expired long back, are also sent to the agents.

hope this helps.

rgds,

Raghav,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghav, can you let me know how do we activate and deactivate the deadline monitoring?

Also, can you let me know if there a way I can trace who activate the deadline monitoring earlier?

Thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shreya,

Yes, the Deadline monitoring can be activated from transaction SWU3 --> Maintain Runtime Environment --> Schedule background jobs for Missed Deadlines.

If the deadline monitoring has been activated you should see the job SWWDHEX running in the system. So, in case you dont have access to SWU3, you can check if this job has been scheduled in your system

there are two ways to check who switched on Deadline monitoring:

1. Check the 'Last changed' by user ID of the job SWWDHEX in SM37. (double click on job, then click on 'Job details' and see the 'Last change' ID)

2. Go to transaction ST03N and see the transaction logs for the time since when this problem is occurring (ask your BASIS guys to do this for you if you dont have authorization)

hope this helps.