cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up ALE AUDIT between XI and R#.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenerio here. I know most of you will be asking me to google and search SDN blogs for the same , but let me tell you , I have already gone through most of them , specially the HOW TO manuals.

Mine is a R3 to XI to Web scenerio.

Initial rquirement is, R3 will trigger a delivery Idoc, and, if it reaches XI and failes in mapping do to any reason , it will trigger back to R3 the ALE AUDIT idoc. I have gone through the documents, but I cant make out how to I connect the failure of mapping of the specific idoc information , and tigger the ALE AUDIT idoc back to R3.

Can any one help me out with the scenerio, I just am unable to visualise the scenerio.

I have medium level experience in ALE idoc settings .

Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concept was not clear initally. Now I am through with the concept.I am on the way of trapping the MID and trace the Idoc number, and map it out through the ALEAUD , so as to change the defective business Idocs original status !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard way to send ALE IDOC back to SAP R3 if mapping fails in middleware.

But this can be handled through BPM.I am not sure if you are from XI background or R3 background

The BPM design looks like this,

Receive( IDOCs from R3 ) -

> Block step ( Inside block Mapping-> If mapping success>.Send to Target application

If mapping Fails(System Error)>Mapping (MAP ALE IDOC with respective details)->Send IDOC to R3 system.

Hope thsi helps