cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central auto-reaction methods in properties variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am trying to set up our CEN in a way that it'd send emails during the day but not during the night. I am using central auto-reaction methods.

I thought I could change the auto-reaction method with the properties variants, but I don't think that's possible.

Is it? Or is there any other way?

Thanks,

P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi everyone!

>

> I am trying to set up our CEN in a way that it'd send emails during the day but not during the night. I am using central auto-reaction methods.

> I thought I could change the auto-reaction method with the properties variants, but I don't think that's possible.

> Is it? Or is there any other way?

>

> Thanks,

> P

Hello P,

You cannot stop the execution of the Auto Reaction method in the night. it is not possible that the method generates mails only in the day and not in the night.

However what you can do is to stop the schedule of the Mail Send program to run in the night. The program name is RSCONN01. What this will do is that the program will not send any emails out of the system in the night. However this means that you will have more emails in the morning to attend.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

unfortunately not, because I'd still like to have some alerts mailed to me during the night, just not all of them.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thnks,

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Amit,

>

> unfortunately not, because I'd still like to have some alerts mailed to me during the night, just not all of them.

> Any ideas on how to achieve this?

>

> Thnks,

> P

Hello P,

As I said earlier, you cannot switch off selectively the Autoreaction method. So in this case it is not possible to have selective alerts being emailed to you in the night and others being blocked.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit!

It seems that I cannot do it but [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/f2/4029d4fe9a11d194c000a0c93033f7/frameset.htm] it says that

"A monitoring properties variant contains settings for properties and method assignments for monitoring tree elements (MTEs), MTE classes, and attribute groups. Every change to these settings is assigned to a properties variant."

If that was true I could just have different methods assigned to different properties variants and the variant would change according to the operation modes and I could have my alerts the way I want it, but auto-reaction methods doesn't seem to be stored in the properties variants.

I was just wondering if this is really the case or I just can't find where to set it.

Best regards,

Peter