cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM workflow erroe while launching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP MDM 7.1 (7.1.04.142).Whenever I am trying to launch a workflow I am getting this error

One or more records have following validation failures:

Invalid validation recordId(s) in val;idate field

Any help please

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I hope as per SAP Note for MDM 7.1 SP04, you have changed the Lookup values used in your validations, it could also be an issue.

and check your workflow in Visio. There should be a Branch Step which is not getting executed properly.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have cretaed a new repository from standard business contents.Also it is for SAP MDM 7.1.I even verified and it showed no fatal and non fatal errors.Moreover I have no validations attched in my data manager

@sudhanshu I have tried with the simplest workflow having three steps Start process stop ,still te error is same

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

please check Note 1422355. Under MDM Workflow you will find the second bullet point, that may describe your problem.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for sharing this important note!!

regards-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Could you please check whether any "ClientAssertLog*.xml" log file generated when you are getting this problem at this loaction

C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1\Data Manager\ClientAssertLog*.xml

Basically this log file generate only when any severe error occured in data manager.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As per this SAP Note: Workflow stop at Stop Check-in.

Are you using Check out at Start step in your workflow ?

So I would also suggest try to launch the workflow who is Owner of the workflow. May be that user has not right to launch the workflow.

Also check who can send next step in your Start step of MDM workflow, Owner/Launcher/Any user ?

For testing, Create a new record in your Data Manager then Add this record to Workfow job manually by right click on this record Workflows>Add to Job>workflow name and check are you able to complete this work-flow or not?

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

It seems that you have migrated the repository from 5.5 to 7.1

Please try following steps-

1. Run verify and repair for the repository

2. Check each validation expression statement separately and execute them in Data manager. If required make changes and save.

You should be able to launch Workflow succesfully.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Can you plz describe in detail what steps you include in workflow.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just an observation ..The names of the object tables such as PDF,Mask,Videos,Workflows have interchanged in my Console.

I wonder is this causing a problem ?

Thanks

Vinay