cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Writer UP - ABZU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expers,

I am facing one problem, while doing the write up in t.code ABZU with TT 711 it is not allowing, asset are capitalized in FY feb 2009. depreciation run upto march 2009 but 2010 year not open till now. i need to reduce depreciation which is posted more.

now if i open FY 2010 can i able to posted previous peiods in FY 2009? If i open FY 2010 is there any effect ?

Please guide me, how to over come this problem.

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

A wirte-up is a correction of value in the past. Therefore you cannot make a write-up in the current fiscal year. I understand that your current fiscal year is 2009. Therefore you cannot post a write-up in 2009 but should be able to do so in 2010 once you open it and it becomes the current fiscal year and therefore have cumulated depreciation value.

A write up can only be carried out if you have cumulated depreciation values (from previous years). In the current fiscal year depreciation should be posted the 'normal' way. A write-up means that too much depreciation was posted in a previous year and that you will correct this in the current year. Therefor the system does not allow posting a write-up if there exist no cumulative depreciation values from

previous year.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Brigitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not open fiscal year 2010. Using ABZU AND TRANSACTION TYPE 640 for previous year and 650 for current year unplanned depreciation can be posted.

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks for your reply, in ABZU i am not getting the TT 640 and 650, i am getting only 700 serires.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the fiscal year 2010 and post the write up value using ABZU and transaction type 711. There will not be any problem.

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Regards

chandu