cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBD:Unable to connect to SAP BW Server language 'FA' not available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Except the languages which is loaded to the BW, We are getting error when we connect to BW. There is no problem if we generate the universe between the loaded BW languages and the designer, except "FA" language.

For example, if we try the CA, CS, DA, EL, ES, HR languages, the system tells us "Choose one of the installed language" (Turkish is "Yuklenen dillerden birini secin"). If we select the loaded languages which is AR, DE, EN, TR ve RU, the system works very well. however, when we select the FA language, it gives us the error which is the picture below the paragraph, even though the FA is loaded language. this error is different from the other. Is there anything to fix or to do something for this?

Except from all of these stuff, We just want to show Persian characters. The designer tells whichever language you want to see, you have to connect that language, but we want to connect any kind of one language and also, we want to see the different kind of characters at the same time. For example, we would like to connect Arabic, but we also want to see Persian characters at the same time. or we want to connect English, but we also want to see Persian characters. Is there anyway, We can do this?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For Answers..

@wavery

YES, FA is the short way of FARSI (PERSIAN), thanks for giving me advice to defer the topic to SAP BO Admin form. I did. i hope they are going to return me as soon as possible.

@Ingo

when i set up the universe designer settings, I couldnt see any "save the language section". let me explain to you step by step.

I open the Designer and select the new connection. if you click that link and look at the picture , u ll see what i mean

http://img687.imageshack.us/f/30662309.jpg/

i select the SAP>SAP Business Warehouse>> SAP Client and after that I click the next option and Ienter the necessary datas.

as i said before, If i select the AR, DE, EN, TR and RU i can reach the datas with no problem. But if i select the FA, it gives me the error which I described at the headline. Also you can see on second picture what i want to tell you

http://img706.imageshack.us/f/49371744.jpg/

you asked me what i am getting this error? when I enter the systems parameters, and select the FA for language section, and click next, I got this ERROR and after that I can not reach the datas

Best Regards

Edited by: SYaGCi on Jun 28, 2010 2:51 PM

Edited by: SYaGCi on Jun 30, 2010 10:32 AM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the "save language" comes with Service Pack 02.

You need to make sure your BW system has all the languages installed that you want to use for reporting.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies

Our bo server is windows 2003 service pack 2, but I still couldnt see anything about "save language" option. I do appreciate, If you show me step by step?

Thanks alot in advance

Edited by: SYaGCi on Jul 20, 2010 11:13 AM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not referring to Service Pack 02 for your operating system - I am referring to Service Pack 02 of the businessObjects software.

Ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume "FA" is installed as language on the BW side.

when you setup the connection in the Universe Designer did you select to "save the language" or not to save the language ?

when do you see the error message ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SYaGCI,

Very interesting. I am sorry, I don't have an answer, but I am very interested in hearing from someone who does. I am assuming FA means Farsi (Persian) language?

The ability to display data in two languages at the same time may not be possible. But I would defer this to someone closely related to the language side of the tool. Maybe post this in the SAP BO Admin forum.

Thanks