Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installtion of CE7.11 Solaries 10 X86 Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus

Need help from you regarding installtion of CE7.11

i am installting CE7.11 on solaries 10 x86 on oracle.

Actually my customer has not provided me a root user directly.instead i login to server through VNC viewer using normal user and than sudo su to root prompt.

Problem:Well when i start ./sapinst with normal user am am able to see the sapinst GUI. but when i sudo su (root prompt) and the start ./sapinst the system throws error.

Starting standalone GUI using:

SAPinst port : 21200

HTTP port : 4239

GUI style : wizard

GUI mode : normal

command : /tmp/sapinst_exe.3872.1277358994/jre/bin/java -Xmx256M -Dsap.env.var.javahome=SAPINST_JRE_HOME -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.3872.1277358994/JAR/instgui.jar SDTGui instwizard host=localhost port=21200 -nolock

init: retrieving account information for group sapinst...

init: retrieving account information done.

Cannot read /home/19006473/.sdtgui - exiting.

load resource pool /home/19006473/51036018_IM/DATA_UNITS/CE711_01_IM_SOLARIS_X86_64_ORA/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host "myhostname", port 21200 to continue with the installation

I have set all the environment variables and PATHS correctly.(for both the users)

xclock working fine for both users.

Is it mandatory to login as a root user to start the sapinst and sudo su to root doesnt work??

Any help regarding this well be really appriciated.

Regards

Yogiraj kinekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pleae check this error message "No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host "myhostname", port 21200 to continue with the installation". Hence make sure the port 21200 is enabled on the server.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

thanks for ur reply..but i am able to start sapinst and able to see GUI with the normal user.i am facinf this problem with the sudo du(root prompt) user

Regards

Yogiraj

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set the DISPLAY variable correctly?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asuming that all your env. variables are correct it can only be 2 things... either the java version is not right or the permission to run as root is not working properly.

I have done plenty of installations login to root via SUDO make sure your unix admin haven't set any restrictions to it.

Also, what version of Java are you running?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. java -version

java version "1.4.2_19"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_19-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_19-b04, mixed mode)

Regards

yogiraj