cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do link with SAP SD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GTS experts.,

I am very new for GTS. I have got much more experience in SAP SD. How wil i start about GTS ? How do link with SAP SD?

If any having any document , Pls guide to me

Regards.,

Lakshmanan.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually its quite easy.

1. Insert the transaction /SAPSLL/MENU_LEGALR3

2. Open the transaction and go to the last tab. Then go through all buttons from top to bottom

3. go to spro / SD/ Foreign Trade / GTS Plugin and perform all steps under "Control Data for Transfer to SAP Global Trade Services"

Cheers and good luck,

Marc

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto the link (help.sap.com) - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts72/helpdata/en/b1/8dc5c62c885046ab71fdcddc6ad2c2/frameset.htm (GTS 7.2)

This would give you a better understanding. Looking at the config guides after this is suggestive.

You can also download a Business Process Guide for GTS and go through it. Helps you understand the Export and Import process and how GTS enables it. But its not restrictive i.e we can always make changes to cater to specific business needs.

From SD<-> GTS point of view, Sales Orders (SD0A), Outbound Deliveries(SD0B) and Billing(SD0C) all can be mapped based on module specific and Business Process needs. Material Master and Customer master from master data point of view.

Few other noted items include:-

1. Document types

2. Item Categories

3. Partner Functions

and many more.

To start of with GTS has Organization structure wherein Company Codes - FTO and Plant - Legal Units are mapped. Storage location and plant combination can also me mapped.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto the link (help.sap.com) - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts72/helpdata/en/b1/8dc5c62c885046ab71fdcddc6ad2c2/frameset.htm (GTS 7.2)

This would give you a better understanding. Looking at the config guides after this is suggestive.

You can also download a Business Process Guide for GTS and go through it. Helps you understand the Export and Import process and how GTS enables it. But its not restrictive i.e we can always make changes to cater to specific business needs.

From SD<-> GTS point of view, Sales Orders (SD0A), Outbound Deliveries(SD0B) and Billing(SD0C) all can be mapped based on module specific and Business Process needs. Material Master and Customer master from master data point of view.

Few other noted items include:-

1. Document types

2. Item Categories

3. Partner Functions

and many more.

To start of with GTS has Organization structure wherein Company Codes - FTO and Plant - Legal Units are mapped. Storage location and plant combination can also me mapped.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also use the official SAP Configuration Guides for GTS which you have access to if you have a GTS license. They are broken down for Compliance, Customs, etc. but the first 100 pages or so regarding system communications and basic set-up are similar, if not identical.

Regards, Pierre