cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update newly created GL account in existing report structure.

kim_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

A new GL account has been created and assigned to ZXXX condition in pricing and the new account is also added in Financial Statement Version.

Please guide me as to how this newly created GL account would be updated in the existing COPA report structure.

Thanks in Advance

KIM Khan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the account number should create a CO document its necessary to create it as a cost element.

Take a similar account number (which is working fine) and create the new cost element based on this cost element and see whats happening. Try in testsystem first!

best regards, Christian

kim_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christian

How is the GL account / cost element linked to the COPA report. Please guide me.

Thanks in Advance

KIM Khan

kim_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christian

How is the GL account / cost element linked to the COPA report. What are the steps involved in that. Please guide me.

Thanks in Advance

KIM Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if its a cost element that is posted during billing document creation, the sales conditon type (not the cost element itself) is assigned to a CO-PA value field in T-code KE4I.

But the cost element needs to created, otherwise SAP does not create a CO document (and CO-PA documents are also CO documents...).

If the cost element contains an account assignment to a PA-object during FI posting it is linked to a CO-PA value field in PA transfer structure FI (T-code KEI2).

Every settlement to CO-PA uses also PA-trsnafer structures seen in KEI2, which can differ from the transfer structure FI.

Best regards, Christian

Answers (0)