Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Report Performance

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I would like to know is the complex authorizations can also cause the Bex report performance.

One of my scenerio is like there are two users A & B

A is having relevant authorizations for reporting, Drill down etc which are required.

B is having SAP All authorization.

When the same report has been executed by both users on the same system.

the data retrieved by user B(SAP_ALL authorization) is quite faster than User A.

Its like ther diffference of about 10 minutes.

There are some exsclude selections in report.

So my conclusion is like the complex authorizations do also hampers the query performance.

Please confirm & share your views.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vivek Tripathi

+91-9372313000

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Some times complex authorisations may reduce the query performance. For example Complex authorization checks on large hierarchies including several hierarchy levels can slow down query performance.

To know where exactly you are facing this problem i suggest you to analyze your query using RSRT and RSRTTRACE tcode.

For more information on the same go through tthe sides 134+ in the below provided url.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cccad390-0201-0010-5093-fd9ec8157...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajkandula

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its not helping.......

Any other updates

Regards,

Vivek Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you traced it where is the problem?? OLAP or database?

What does the SQL look like? - is the auth object included in the SQL or is being restricted at the OLAP layer?

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any updates..

Regards,

Vivek Tripathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SOlved issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Can you help us understand what was the exact problem and how you resolved it / solution at Extraction / Modeling / Reporting end.

I have a quite similiar issue with my report i have Header + Item report on Infoset

u2022 Header report takes seconds and item report takes minutes

u2022 The same report executed with exact parameter has inconsistent performance results meaning one time it takes 1 minutes next time same report same user and same authorization takes 5 minutes.

Any help on this would be really greatfull. Suspecting is not an issue with the report at all , as no changes happened between the pre and post check.

_Additional Information : _

We Create Secondary -Bitmap index every week end i do not see that is one of the route cause.

Except that we have our regular daily loads that are running for master data loads and transaction data loads in series.

Thanks in Advance.

Much Regards

Jagadish Thirumalachetty.

Edited by: Jagadish Thirumalachetty on Jul 14, 2010 1:35 PM

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't give SAP_ALL

See

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/AuthorizationinSAPNWBI

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It seems strange.

BI auth can affect on performance, but 10 min difference it's too much.

How much time runs report with SAP_ALL auth ?

Regards.