cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare XI objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two questions.

1. Which Tcode can be used to compare two XI objects crossclient just as SE39 does this job for abap.

2. Given a scenario.Ex in DEV i have mapping object X .In PRD same object has already been moved befor e, but not by CTS+

or CMS (i mean only file transport).

Now i try to use CMS or CTS+ today.Will transport management system not deny me saying that previous versions are not identical?(Looking for an expert opinion here).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1. Which Tcode can be used to compare two XI objects crossclient just as SE39 does this job for abap.

You can use the history option in the menu and compare the object's versions manually. It does not high light any differences in the version by itself. You have to look into each node to identify the changes.

>>Will transport management system not deny me saying that previous versions are not identical?(Looking for an expert opinion here).

I am not sure about my expert level but, the answer is no.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Jaishankar ,there are so many UDF's ,Huge mapping (graphical),Fixed values.How can one guess a change ?.

Secondly loophole is already set to skip CMS,CTS+.Instead use filesystem for transport.

Which means word 'version' has no sense because what you see may not be true.

I attribute this to poor design of XI ,whether its repository managment,change management and transport management.

I remember a gentleman from this forum itself applauding about XI transport system and consulting me to go through version and change management.I am actually impressed gentleman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anycase i have no option,Is it recommended then that what i export object for change from PRD.Import back to DEV.

Do the required change and reexport to PRD. ?.Is this XI way of feeling assured that you are not spoiling the cake ???

Edited by: aditya sharma on Jun 24, 2010 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Mr Jaishankar ,there are so many UDF's ,Huge mapping (graphical),Fixed values.How can one guess a change ?.

You can't. That is why I said it is manual and not automatic.

>>I remember a gentleman from this forum itself applauding about XI transport system and consulting me to go through version and change management.I am actually impressed gentleman.

May be the gentleman knows more than me.

>>I attribute this to poor design of XI ,whether its repository managment,change management and transport management.

You are comparing an ABAP object with a Java object (and not just a java code but a graphical representation of a Java code) here. Remember there is a lot of difference. But I agree, it could have been better and let us wait for other experts opinion before saying this is all bad.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaishankar,

I am not doubting your expertise because no one is able to clarify me here about these aspects.

In our system CTS+ is not configured,we have CMS.So first thing to see here is out of three ways of transporting options are given.One is meant to hide your mistakes without any proof (File transfer).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even java stack that opens on browser windows behave differently according to browser.I remember the first problem i faced was in Runtime Workbench.I wanted to use it for monitoring and found all links dead on explorer.

Finally i settled with installing Mozilla webbrowser.Is this the quality SAP is rendering to customers. ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

unlike ABAP , there are no such transaction , where u can see both the mapigs side by side and find the difference. More over , mappig belong to java stack, and what you are referring belongs to Abap stuck.

2ndly, if u you are exporting .tpx from dev to prod , it will not stop you, even if the file is the same , becuse each ime th .tpz file name is same.

3rdly, best way is use CMS-TS, you will always be able to see older versions [ in asembly/ approval or Production tab, there are chances , older versions alreday exist .... please check .... ] , ,and in case of any issue , you can restore it.

Keep a backl up of the production , in the form of .tpz, forthat given sceneri, take the help of the basi guy , and incase you wish to restore to previous version , ask basis person to put it back to the previus path ...

Regards,

Arnab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Runtime Workbench.I wanted to use it for monitoring and found all links dead on explorer.

What is your XI version and what is the IE version you are using?

I guess there is a documentation in service market place about the supported browsers. We are using IE 6 for a long time now and have never faced any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaishankar,

We had been using IE-6 till date thinking we have no issue like you are thinking.

But when we installed Mozilla,certain screen sections became visible which were not visible till date after implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I could not find any such tcode online.Is it that such a tcode doesnot exist ????