cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to Create Shipment Document in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create the shipment document in SAP via EDI message from freight forwarder and subsequently update the shipment document(VT02N) statuses via EDI like planned/loaded/shipment end etc....

I am reasearching on the Idoc type for that...I found SHPMNT03 etc could be used to create/change document but I don't know where the Transportation planning point field exists in the Idoc type. Please help me to how could I create the shipment document...

I am able to create the shipment document using TPSSHT01...but not sure whether it would be good as it's used with TPS and we don't have any external TPS. We just want to create shipment document in SAP based on freight forwarder edi messages 856 I believe

I am new to EDI

Thanks

Chil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We used a program to create the IDoc but I don't see a transportation planning point anywhere in it. I think it should be picked up automatically from the deliveries and I wouldn't fixate on that. Here is the code fragment, but you don't need to fill in all those fields:

e1edt20-shtyp = '0003'.
      e1edt20-signi = i_table-route.
      e1edt20-exti1 = i_table-route.
      e1edt20-exti2 = i_table-driver_num.
      e1edt20-tpbez = i_table-driver_name.
      i_edidd-sdata = e1edt20.
      i_edidd-docnum = w_docnum.
      i_edidd-segnam = 'E2EDT20001'.
      APPEND i_edidd.

e1adrm4-partner_q = 'OTP'.
      e1adrm4-partner_id = '0001'.
      i_edidd-sdata = e1adrm4.
      i_edidd-segnam = 'E2ADRM4001'.
      APPEND i_edidd.

e1adre4-extend_q = '305'.
      e1adre4-extend_d = '0001'.
      i_edidd-sdata = e1adre4.
      i_edidd-segnam = 'E2ADRE4001'.
      APPEND i_edidd.

e1edl20-vbeln = i_table-vbeln.
    i_edidd-sdata = e1edl20.
    i_edidd-segnam = 'E2EDL20'.
    APPEND i_edidd.

From what I remember, this IDoc worked rather strangely and I had to fill in some fields for no obvious reason (e.g. both e1edt20-signi and e1edt20-exti1 when SIGNI is really the one we needed). At some point, I just tried filling in all the possible fields to get past errors. Like I said, it just takes some trial and error.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to that system anymore and have no further information. Also we didn't do any shipment changes. You might want to search in ABAP forum. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot !!! This is really helpful....I also just got a response from SAP regarding how to fill transportation planning point...It's ::

The transportation planning point is in the segment E1ADRM4 and

AND E1ADRE4.

The values should be :

E1ADRM4-partner_q = OTP.

E1ADRE4-extend_q = 305

The transportation planning point value will be given at

E1ADRE4-extend_d = ' '.

Now I should be able to correlate with the data given by you. I really appreciate your response.

Thanks

Chil

Former Member
0 Kudos

just as confirmation:   305 does it - thx

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to create the shipment with message type SHPMNT, process code SHPM and whatever latest IDoc is available in your system (or whatever will work with the partner / EDI middleware). We used SHPMNT05.

For the fields read the documentation in WE60. Idocs usually need a lot of trial and error in WE19 as setup might differ in every system. We just used the IDocs to create a shipment with known delivery numbers, so we pretty much just filled in E2EDL20 segment.

Also use [Search|http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=SHPMNT&fp=e910a6c775b309bf].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot !!! for your response ...SHPMNT05 exists in our system ...we have delivery numbers available too.....Since this is inbound message from freight forwarder I believe we need transportation planning point too to create shipment document...I looked into WE60 for the idoc but could not find this field...

Could you please check in your system how Transportation planning point is picked up when shipment document is created ......This would be very helpful for me...

thanks

chil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is not inconvenient for you...could you please let me know the segments with filled data from WE02 for a shipment created and one for changed shipment...

It would be very helpful..

Thanks in advance

chil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.