cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuses with number and without number

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of User statuses without statuses number but only text we can have multiple user status activated at one time .. Also wit statuses with status number we can have multiple status number activated at single time if the condition of Lowest and Highest status number with each statuses number is maintained.

Can any one put some light on this and clarrify as I have heard about this but never tried yet.... I dnt knw how this lowest and highest status number principally work with other statuses....

Murad......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murad,

No, for status with status number, you cannot have multiple status number activated at the same time. That's only possible with status without status number.

Regards

Narasimhan

former_member1107731
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well multiple user statuses cannot be activated when using status profile with numbers. The Lowest and Highest Numbers are used when using a status profile with numbers, they represent that which of the user statuses are allowed to be set when the corresponding status is activated. For Example:

10 CRTD Created 10 20

20 APR Allowed PR 10 30

30 CMP Completed 20 30

If I activate status APR the lowest number 10 specifies that user status CRTD could be activated from APR, and Highest denotes that CMP could also be activated from APR for the lowest-highest range allowes all of the statuses between them to be activated from the corresponding status.

As far as User Status Profile without numbers is concerned, you can have multiple statuses activated at the same time. In this you do not have to specify status number neither the Lowest and Highest range, thus just creating the status and its description. For Example:

CRTD Created

CMP Completed

Regards...

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well multiple user statuses cannot be activated when using status profile with numbers. The Lowest and Highest Numbers are used when using a status profile with numbers, they represent that which of the user statuses are allowed to be set when the corresponding status is activated. For Example:

10 CRTD Created 10 20

20 APR Allowed PR 10 30

30 CMP Completed 20 30

If I activate status APR the lowest number 10 specifies that user status CRTD could be activated from APR, and Highest denotes that CMP could also be activated from APR for the lowest-highest range allowes all of the statuses between them to be activated from the corresponding status.

As far as User Status Profile without numbers is concerned, you can have multiple statuses activated at the same time. In this you do not have to specify status number neither the Lowest and Highest range, thus just creating the status and its description. For Example:

CRTD Created

CMP Completed

Dear Usman Kahoot,

10 CRTD Created 10 20

20 APR Allowed PR 10 30

30 CMP Completed 20 30

It means if I activate CMP then i wil not b able to activate CRTD as the low value of CMP is 20 and high value is 30 but CRTD status number is 10. Also if i activate new highest status number, the preceeding status wil get vanished and only one status at one time wil be available,

please correct me if my understabding is wrong.

former_member1107731
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes your understanding is perfectly right.... The previous status vanishes when a new status is selected when using status with status numbers.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you cannot create status profile without numbers ..

You can set multiple user statuses with business transactions .. but status highest and lowest nos should be carefully maintained..

regrds

pushpa