cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a File from legacy systems. I want to send into R/3. So I have imported my Idoc structure into XI. In IDOC it has 3 segments. In that if one segment(Which has 5fields) any of the field value gets changed then I have to post it as a seperated IDOC. How can I achieve this requirement?

Korobee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your query was not very clear. I assume that you need to map the incoming file to different idocs depending on one of the field values in the incoming file.

If this is your query, then you can achieve this using conditional interface determination.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smitha

Your assumption is correct. Can you please let me know how to achieve this?

korobee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In interface determination, specify the sender interface and the service. For the inbound interface, add another line, using the + symbol.

When you do this, you will have another "condition" field appearing.

Here, specify the condition and the inbound interface to be used in case the condition is satisfied.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approach mentioned by Smitha will work fine, if you want to do your routing on the basis of your Source Message.

But, if you want the routing to be done after some mapping, maybe you can take a look at this blog

<a href="/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16">Enhanced Receiver Determination -- SP16</a>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Korobee Reddy,

Can you please explain me what idoc you trying to post it..what Legacy System you been useing.

if you could spicfy the idoc Basic Type then we can figure out.

Regd's

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

your question is not clear. What do you mean by 'field values' change ? In a file-XI-IDOC scenario do you want you want to post multiple IDOCs based on values in the files ? In that case, basd on the contents of the file, split the message into multiple messages and 'transform' each message into an IDOC - use BPM for this.Alternatively genetate one IDOC in the back-end system and based on the values in it, you can generate multiple IDOCs in inbound IDOC function module.

Ramesh