Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

I have just confused myself.

In BI7 ->BEx Analyzer, we can always/only create the Workbook from the Query right?

I mean in BEx Analyzer, we can't create any workbook etc from InfoProvider/MultiProvider as in Query Designer.

Please confirm, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Still no anwer.

Some say yes, one say no.

I think we CAN NOT create query directly from MultiProvider/ODS/InfoObject in BEx Analyzer. This is NOT possible.

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do it from BEx Analyzer only.

Open the Analyzer. Run the Query and save the query as a new Workbook or in the existing Workbook...

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Still dont get the answer.

In BI7 ->BEx Analyzer, we can always/only create the Workbook from the Query right?

I mean in BEx Analyzer, we can't create any workbook etc from InfoProvider/MultiProvider as in Query Designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In bex query designer we can design queries after that this query executed the in bex analyzer after saved as workbook, graph,filters,navigation panes etc.

Regards

Sivaraju

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The question is in BEx Analyzer, can we create any workbook etc from InfoProvider/MultiProvider, instead of from Query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As I know the answer is NO.

You can create workbook with dataprovider and dataprovider could be based on query (not on cube or multi).

Regards.

former_member212742
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is Possible to create a Work Book based on the Multiprovider / Infocubes / DSO directly using Bex Analyser.

But you can only see the data as you directly see in th manage option of the data providers except with drill down options.

You will not be able to add structures / variables to the work Book.

The only option to have a full fledged query is to use Query designer.

If you want to display only static data then you can use Bex Analyser and create a work book directly on Data providers.

FYI ... when you directky create a work book on the data provider, the system inturns uses a query called as PROV_dataprovider name to give you the data.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

Regards.

Shafi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you cannot create a workbook directly on the multiproviders.You would first need to create a query in Query designer and save it as workbook in BEx analyzer.

Workbooks are basically like folders which holds number of queries.

Hope this helps.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Shafi,

While most say we CAN NOT create the workbook directly from multiprovider/cube/ods, but your answer is YES.

It is Possible to create a Work Book based on the Multiprovider / Infocubes / DSO directly using Bex Analyser.

But you can only see the data as you directly see in th manage option of the data providers except with drill down options.

You will not be able to add structures / variables to the work Book.

The only option to have a full fledged query is to use Query designer.

If you want to display only static data then you can use Bex Analyser and create a work book directly on Data providers.

FYI ... when you directky create a work book on the data provider, the system inturns uses a query called as PROV_dataprovider name to give you the data.

Can you please provide me the steps HOW we can create the workbook from MultiProvider/Cube/ODS directly in BEx Analyzer please? We're on BI7.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Directly you can't create the work on any data target using the analyzer, if you have the query open in analyzer then you can copnvert this as a work book.

Regards,

Chandra.