Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attach DMS file to EQ with the lastest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing DMS,

Q1, when I create document 'TEST1' using CV01N with initial version 00, then I attached this document to an EQ. then I update the document TEST1 and save as a new version 01. since the EQ has the attachment of TEST1 version 00, now if the user view the doc, they will see the old version 00 not 01.

My question is ... is there a way to always show the lastest version of the doc. without have to go and make the adjustment in EQ master ?

Q2, do you know if there's any documentation or book that I can read up on how the DMS works ? I took DMS class about 3 yrs ago and forgot most of the information

Q3, I'm also looking to use EDMS as I think it's user friendly for our users. I have downloaded EDMS to my laptop and in the process of testing it. Do you know if there's any documentation of have it works ?

Thank you,

Sam (SDG&E)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

regarding your questions I can provide you the following input and hope that it could be useful:

1. Display of latest version

In case that you are creating a new version you have to made sure that the link to the EQ is taken over to version 01. This can be maintained in the customizing of transaction DC10 for each document type under 'Define object links'. Here you can see and select the EQUI object. In its detail view you will find the field 'when new version'. Here you can define if the links are copied automaticall or after user confirmation or never to the new version 01.

If the link is handed over to the new version then I would recommend you to set the value '1' in field 'Document version' in the same customizing screen in DC10 as before. This value will grant that from object side always the current versions are displayed first. This means if there is version 00 and version 01 then the latest version '01' only will be displayed in the links.

For further information on the logic of current and all version display please see the following link too:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Logicforcurrentandall+version

For further control of the link display on object side you can only use BADI DOCUMENT_OBJ1.

2. Documentation on DMS

Generally you will find all necessary information on DMS behavior in the SAP online documentation under http://help.sap.com under area 'Cross-Application-Components'.

Regarding a book I can offer you the SAP press book for PLM. Because DMS is part of the PLM module and in this book you will find also chapters about the DMS functionalities.

3. EasyDMS documentation

As you have installed EasyDMS on your laptop you should be able to find the documentation or help files under the installation directory of EasyDMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i am trying same but Object link tab shows all versions

In DC10 under Define Object Links Tab

i have done these changes

When New Version  : 1

Create Document : 0    

Document Veriosn :1
under Object Draw.

now when i attach a DIR with 3 verison it is showing all 3 instead version 02 the latest.

Regards

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

There is no provision in the current version of dms for displaying only the latest revision when we see any linked object.

EDMS is having limitation and have the limited functionalities than the SAP DMS system.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your help, I set up the config as your advice and it works very well.

Sam

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I'm gald to hear that the issue could be solved. I would just like to ask you to assign point to the users which provided useful information in this thread and mark it as solved.

Best regards,

Christoph