Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create documents in SAP R/3 through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to XI, and I have the following scenario:

An external application needs to post documents in SAP R/3 by internet, sending the information needed to post the documents in XML format. It also needs to receive information if the documents were successfully posted or not.

What do I need in XI to make this possible? Do I need anything more than XI? I keep hearing

Thanks a lot!

Nuno Umb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you need to know the Source System Informations like - What type of Applications, Format of the data etc. Depend on that you need to make XI configuration.

Also you need to know, how SAP R/3 will receive the messages ? As per the post you required in XML format ?

There are 3 standard ways XI can communicated with R/3.

Idocs,RFCs, ABAP proxy.

So you need to get Source system information and Target system information.

Then you can go for Design(Mapping etc) and configuration.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Independently of the type of application and format of the data, the Source System may communicate with XI directly by internet, right?

Thanks,

Nuno Umb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Independently of the type of application and format of the data, the Source System may communicate with XI directly by internet, right?</i>

Source Systems communicate with XI through some type of adapters/proxies. So whether do you want to adapter-less communcation or adapter communication, and if it is adapter communication, what type of adpaters are used for communication depends on your source system and type of message/protocol.

To answer your question, you can defintely send your XML docs to R/3 through XI over internet.

What adapter do u need to use to send xml docs to XI depends on, once again your sender system / message type/ protocol you want to use.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Schedule a batch job from the source system to post the documents and provide a user interface to users to edit and post the individual errored documents. Since you need reponse back and record the errors, I would go with syn. communication in the scheduled jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This look like an synchronous messaging scenario. Can the sending system make SOAP or HTTP calls to XI? on the receiving side if you are using Web As 6.4, you can use ABAP proxies otherwise use RFC adapter to post the documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you had to post hundreds of documents at once, would you make it a synchronous scenario? Wouldn't the sender have to wait until the posting finishes? And how about the errors? The sender wants to see what were the errors and possibly try again.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Nuno Umbelino