Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty file receiver - file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario: File->XI->File.

In my scenerio, I am using Java mapping to name the target filename and creating text file that is later sent to FTP, in that way I don't have to use content conversation, to save performance...

I am on PI7.1 version so I have checked the options (Processing Parameters) for empty file handling in Sender/Receiver file communication channels.

Issue:- Though the target file is created but it always contain 1 byte(NULL character). Any ideas??

Thanks

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How was the issue resolved. I am facing the same issue in PI 7.0 SP 21.

We are observing this issue in production after upgrading the SP from 16 to 21. I have created a java mapping to generate this empty file. A zero byte file got generated when I test in eclipse but in XI, the file always contains 1 byte.

Regards,

Soumya.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In my scenerio, I am using Java mapping to name the target filename and creating text file that is later sent to FTP, in that way I don't have to use content conversation, to save performance...

>

The java mapping is genarating output as text file,right??have you tested your java mapping in NWDS or eclipse,because when you test in Operation mapping you will get error for text file,because it is not well formed.

if your java mapping genarating text files perfectly then file content conversion not required at all,just give file name in Communication channel.

> I am on PI7.1 version so I have checked the options (Processing Parameters) for empty file handling in Sender/Receiver file communication channels.

>

Why you have selected empty file handling??it is not required.

> Issue:- Though the target file is created but it always contain 1 byte(NULL character). Any ideas??

>

>

unselct empty file handling test your interface with real data.

let me know your issue.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank - In my case I require the ESR (Java mapping) which I am using it to create target file names based on the source filename. Using DynamicConfiguration in that. And the blog talks about not using ESR. Thanks.

Raj - I am using Java Mapping only to create the file names using DynamicConfiguration...based on the source filename. And I am passing the contents using InputStream/OutputStream in the execute method. So I'm not generating any text files.

Secondly, I dont need to specify the filenames in communication channels becuase the filename is generated dynamically through Java mapping. Hope I am able to explain you the requirement.

AbinashNanda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your JAVA mapping is not producing any ouput. you can test it in the ESR itself using Test tab on Operation Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abinas,

The File structure contains only one field. The intention is to send all the contents of the file as it is through Java mapping. So Operation mapping doesnt create any structure.

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is no change in the structure required that you can try:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

otherwise check if you are using latest library for PI 7.1

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Where%20to%20get%20the%20libraries%20for%20XI%20development

Also check APi for PI 7.1, that you are using correct methods and classes like :

transform(TransformationInput input, TransformationOutput output) throws StreamTransformationException