cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding more dialog instance

former_member662554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new in SAP NetWeaver area and I need an expert advice on how to add a dialog instance to existing Java cluster. I have installed EP7 using Rapid installer on a test system. It currently has a CSI + CI on it. When I run SAPInst, it ask me only two options. 1 - Continue old installation, 2 - Start a new installation. There is no other option to add/create a new DI. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

GB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member662554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

OK, I looked into this again and found there is no way to add additional DI to an instance in Rapid Installer. I could create an additional instance with a new DI on same host.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

Yes you need to choose new installation under that you will choose Dailog instance.

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos
Yes you need to choose new installation under that you will choose Dailog instance.

Wow are you think so ? May be better read inst guide ?

For example find in sapinst the "Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks"(or "Software Life-Cycle Options" depends of your sapinst version) --> "Application server" --> "your DB" --> Dialog instance.

former_member662554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Thanks for your reply! However, it looks like when I select 'Run a new install', it ask me all the questions again that it asked me when I installed it for the first time. If I continue and provide all the info, later on it ask me to delete and re-create database schema. Please remember that I want to add a new DI to the existing cluster and don't want to create everything from scratch. In the SAPInst of Rapid Installer, I don't see adding a DI instance in any of these two options that I described above.

Best regards,

Gurmeet

former_member662554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

Thanks for your reply as well! However, in the SAPInst that I user, there is no such option. Please see my previous reply to George. Could this be that I'm using Rapid Installer and these options don't exist in this SAPInst? If so, what other options do I have?

br,

Gurmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not tried Rapid Installer but one option that you can give a try is by creating a new install directory and try to run SAPInst from there.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with mr. Naveed Qureshi, i'm also not familar with Rapid Installer, but this are the chance.

If rapid installer works same as sapinst you can find Drive:\Program Files\ sapinst_instdir folder (may be other folder name as this Rapid ) Rename this folder for example to sapinst_instdir_back and try again.

Regards.