Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRTRV_IF_MODIFY_TRIP business area of the cost assignment was not populated

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, ABAP gurus,

I used function module HRTRV_IF_MODIFY_TRIP to modify the trip data.

My problem was that the business area of the cost assignment for the whole trip was not populated even I put the required data for the table COSTDIST_TRIP parameter. All the other fields like company code, cost center/WBS element and internal order were populated correctly. Is there some configuration in SPRO required to set up for function module HRTRV_IF_MODIFY_TRIP? For example, "Set Up Variable layout for Account Assignment Objects" in SPRO?

Thank you in advance!

Fisher Li

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

I finally figured how to fix my issue of this function module HRTRV_IF_MODIFY_TRIP. In my case, I assigned the expense of the whole trip to account 1 and business area 1. I put this account assignment in the table COSTDIST_TRIP.

If this whole trip had two expense items - $500 for Hotel and $100 for Meals. I assigned $60 of the meals to account 2 and business area 2 and I only put this assignment in table COSTDIST_RECE.

Because the function module are expecting the rest of the account assignment for the meals which I assumed that it should go to the account assignment for the whole trip, the business area 1 for the whole trip disappeared after the data were modified.

After I change my program and adding the default account assignment

(account 1 and business area 1) for the $40 of the meal in table COSTDIST_RECE, everything worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure about the approach. I think using exits (in group XTRV) would be better a better approach to modify data.