cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure in Days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement to present a key figure in days. I noticed that in the KF infoobject screen I could model it as a quantity with either a fixed unit of measure of DAY or Unit/Currency of 0UNIT_DAY.

Could someone explain (in simple terms) or point me to good documentation that explains the significance and benefits of doing it this way. Which is best ie. fixed unit or Unit/currency.

I have currently modelled it as a number which uses a an ABAP routine to calculate the value.

Points will be awarded.

Thanx in advance

Asif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Type Tab, select Number or Interger and use it.

Keep cursor on that options and press F1 for help.

InfoObject is a number:

If you choose this option, the Key figure is run as a number. Numbers do not have any reference to a unit of measure or to a currency.

DEC (a packed number with 3 decimal places) and FLOAT (floating point number) are permitted as technical data types.

InfoObject is an integer:

If you choose this option, the key figure is run as a whole number, or numbers. Whole numbers do not have any reference to a unit of measure or a currency.

Only INT4 (4 Byte integers without decimal places) is permitted as technical data types.

Thanks

Reddy

Edited by: Surendra Reddy on Jun 24, 2010 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per understanding your post can you try to do data type as number.

Regards

Sivaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanx for your replies. I have already set the KF as a Number (DEC).

What I failed to mention is that the data is from a NON SAP source and so I was curious to know how the unit of measure could be utilised. My understanding in this area is quite weak regardless of the source type and I was hoping to enhance it via some advice and documentation.

Can someone please tell how to implement the KF using UOM ?

Thanx

Asif