cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import exception while doing automation.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

when ever i do import by automation , i am getting importX exception, and i clear it by doing it manually using import manager with port option and when i am done with import i am clicking option save update, hoping that this is not happen again, but its happening again and again. what am i doing wrong. please help me out guys.

Regards,

Srinivas Tipi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I would suggest on a safer side rather than SAVE UPDATE option, Save this map as a new name, use SAVE AS option. So that your original map remains same. Now In MDM console Assign this new map in Port. Now check are you getting importX exception or not. I think it should work. Just check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Import Exception happen when unique value constraints , check the MAP and in repository what value you maintained as unique

Apart from that you can check the Log for ImportX value to check the reason and Process the same Full File again and see if it happen again

Thanks

Satnam Dhillon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This map is for Delta load, this data file only contains the reocrds which are changed from last load, so in record matching we selected Update all mapped fields, only unique constraint is material number(which is also mapped as remote key). so full load is working fine & map for new records is also working fine, only for loading changed/updated records this is happening. is something causing the import X exception, the only difference between this map and other map, in record matching this as update all mapped, other map has a option to create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

This also happens sometimes when there is nothing to be imported from the source file.

If you are using Update all mapped fields but the file contains records with same value as existing in MDM, nothing gets updated.

You can set ImportX verbose to 0X0080 to create tracing and audit trails in MDM server log. This will also help in finding the exact reasons for the ImportX exceptions.

thanks-Ravi