Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entries in standard customizable table

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across one weired requirement.

for transaction FI12, it is calling SM34 for cluster view VC_T012.

so while making entries in FI12, system will ask for transport request - naturally.

Now requirement is such that customer does not want system to ask for transport request. so can I write a new program for creating table entries for all the tables for cluster view VC_T012?

will SAP support this in future? I mean if any problem occurs related to this area, will SAP denies for support as we will be creating entries directly?

is there any other alternative? pl suggest

Thanks,

-Haresh

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can turn off automatic recording routine in maintenance view. If you go to SE11 and then navigate to maintenance settings. There is a section with title "Dialog Data Transport Details". So you can change it for standard table (this will be modification of SAP) or create a custom view with same fields and turn it off. I don't know what impact it will have on support. If you keep everything same except maintenance view settings then there should not be a difference between using custom and standard view.

BTW what is your motivation behind turning it off?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks for addressing this.

I need to know the impact on support if anyone can.

Customer uses this config entries frequently, i mean lots of entries in single day. Which is not feasible of doing via transport for each entry. and Additionally they cannot spare Basis person dedicated doing this kind of task.

So this was being asked by them.

-Haresh