cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Mapping Between the DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement to send in the context information from DC1 to DC2, below is what I have followed to achieve this, but couldn't. Kindly help me out.

There is DC say DC1, which holds a table with information. The context node of the Table is mapped to the component controller. The component controller's context is mapped with the Interface Controller of the same component in the DC. The component of this DC has been declared public and assigned it to a public part. Created a inbound plug "fromDC2" & outbound plug "toDC2" in interface view.

I created another DC say DC2 and used the component of DC1 in this. Mapped the interface controller of DC1 with DC2 component controller. Declared the component of DC2 as public. Created a inbound plug "fromDC1" & outbound plug "toDC1" in interface view.

I created another DC say DC3 and used the component of DC1 and DC2 in the DC3 component usage. Embedded the respective interface views in the Windows of DC3 and connected it using the respective plugs for navigation.

I deployed all the 3 DCs. My aim is to bring in the table information from DC1 and use it in DC2 for some validation.

I tried printing the size of the mapped context node in DC2, it is always zero. I am not sure where I went wrong.

Tx for your help in advance.

Best Regards

Ramamoorthy D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to change the property of the node mapped in interface controller of DC1 as isInputField = true. It is throwing me the below error.

"cannot create nodes, no mapping defined yet".

I have followed the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d7/e551cf896c3a49bb87bb4ce38c99c8/frameset.htm

Required experts valuable advice, please help me out.

Tx.

Best Regards

Ramamoorthy D.

Edited by: Duraisingam Ramamoorthy on Jun 24, 2010 7:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Component1 to component2 coomunication with in the project will be done through interface controller.

Component1 to component2 coomunication in two different DC s will be done using Used Dcs:PFB the link

[Open This Link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ae5f90-1679-2c10-4183-8c64cf932088?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Let me know which one your looking into.

Regards,

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Vijay and Arun. I will try this and get back to all

Best Regards

Ramamoorthy D

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duraisingam,

Please have a look at below document might helps

[Inter Application Communication and Navigation (Design Time) in WebDynpro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ae5f90-1679-2c10-4183-8c64cf932088?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying to print the size of the mapped attribute from DC1 To DC2 in wdDoInit() of DC2 so you won't be able to get that.

It's better to create a event in interface controller of DC1 and make a handler of that in component controller of DC2 and do all the validation here aur call any method from this handler.

Another way is If DC3 is your central component then use both DC1 and DC2 in DC3 and map the attribute from DC1 To DC3 and then DC3 To DC2. Create a validate method in interface controller of DC2 and call this from DC3.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your advice. Let me try this out and get back to you.

Best Regards

Ramamoorthy D