cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery rescheduled during packing - problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a process where we invoice packaging material. When we create the handling unit in the delivery packing, and use material with the relevant item category assignment, an item in the delivery is created.

The problem is that at the same time, the delivery is rescheduled. As we have set up pick/pack time = 1 or 2 shifts in shipping point dependent on route, and the packing is done as the last step before goods issue, the goods issue date shifts 1 u2013 2 days into the future.

As we are in a common system and client with other countries, and the shipping and scheduling process is handled differently, the delivery type is set up with scheduling active. On delivery create we override the parameter with user exit MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIPS. (In our process we want to keep the schedule coming from the sales order in the delivery).

Apparently this user exit is not active when items are added from packing.

I have searched all documentation I can find, as well as this forum and the Wiki. So far I have found no reference.

Any tip of how we can solve this, would be appreciated.

System is 4.6C

Brgds & thanks up front

Lars Aam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars

Apparently this (rescheduling when Packing item is added) is standard functionality, but can be avoided with SAP prescribed code. Please review the following OSS note. Please note is a '_Modification'_ note.

483407 - Packing items not to be scheduled in deliveries

Let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I searched OSS notes, but did not find this one. (I guess I need to learn more about finding OSS).

It had a reference to note 350462. This says it stops the rescheduling for item type = C. Item type C are items added from packing. So to me it this looks to meet our requirement.

there is the issue that if packing materials are stock managed, you can get problems in MRP. So we might need to develop something that take care of that, in case somebody running on our system want to have packing materials managed in stock. The developers have told me, that they don't find any user exit to manage this.

I can keep you posted on what solution we end up with, if you are interested.

Brgds

Lars Aam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am. Please keep me posted. Thanks.