cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import master data ( PART/ARTICLE ) with LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use LSMW transaction to import datas about PART.

Actually, Y have some problems to use it because the system doesn't accept my entries.

My SAP is configurate for AD (Aerospace and Defense) and the part number (MATNR) is created with an RACE number (supplier number + supplier part number).

The problem is about this key, I can't import data with the same key. I would like to import the same key but in different plant

( WERKS ) but LSMW failed when I try it.

Actually I have only one solution. Import with mm01 the main data to create it and modify with mm02 the data to apply the plant.

I need to import maybe 80 000 parts so I want to find the simpler solution to resolve this problem. I wish to create data in just 1 step.

Someone has a solution ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In LSMW you can use the Direct Input method - Object 0020 - Material Master to load the data. It is a predefined program available in system which is used for loading all the views

The data for all views should be available in a single file while loading

Or you can go for a recording where you can select the specific views and the attributes to be loaded

I understand that the material number number which you use is alphanumberic and it is not exceeding 18 char

Hope it helps if not please revert

Regards,

Antony