Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Types in an IDOC Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can identify the various message types that are been plugged in an IDOC Type? What will be the Transaction Used to identify that? I used the Transaction WE30, but I see the various segments that are been attached to the IDOC type and Not at the Message Type level. I used the IDOC type ORDERS02.

SAP uses a single IDOC type for several logically related messages. For example, the Orders IDOC type (ORDERS02) is used for several messages, such as Order (ORDERS), Order Response (ORDRSP), and Order Change (ORDCHG).

Create Message Type WE81

Create IDOC Type WE30

Assign Message Type to IDOC Type WE82

Can some one please help me? Appreciated.

,J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check this in the table EDIMSG.

Alternatively you can check this in WE82 as well:

WE82 --> Menu func. 'Selection' --> By Contents --> Select "By Contents" --> I/P your basic type & select "choose"

This will give you the list of the basic types associated with the message types.

Edited by: Suhas Saha on Jun 23, 2010 6:40 PM

1 REPLY 1

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check this in the table EDIMSG.

Alternatively you can check this in WE82 as well:

WE82 --> Menu func. 'Selection' --> By Contents --> Select "By Contents" --> I/P your basic type & select "choose"

This will give you the list of the basic types associated with the message types.

Edited by: Suhas Saha on Jun 23, 2010 6:40 PM