cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retro billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i set up VTFF (copy controls between billing types) for retro-billing (say credit memo type ZG2 / debit memo type ZL2 and invoice type ZF2) based on standard default. retro-billing is performing correctly, that is it creates a credit memo if price is too high and debit memo if price is too low, for the price difference.

however, in QAS something i've never encountered before occurs. let's say i changed the price from USD 15.00 to USD 16.00. when i execute VFRB and go to the next screen, the system issues message V1801 and says obligatory price PR00 is missing, when this is present in all documents.

another strange thing that happens is when i process a sales invoice for adjustments, it first issues a debit memo for USD 16.00 instead of just USD 1.00. and then, i have to process VFRB again so that a credit memo will be issued for USD 15.00.

is this because i missed a configuration? the settings are the same comparing QAS and sandbox. copy controls in VTFF are 000 copying requirements at header, and 027 at item, with pricing type C. i tried changing the pricing type to D but the results are the same.

now a new strange thing is happening, and that this is happening to the sandbox. is this because of any system errors?

many thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't quite get the situation, but anyway...

Is this process working correctly in the DEV system?

Are your DEV and QAS system on the same level (SP, EhP, etc.)?

If you answered "yes" to both then obviously the problem lies in the configuration and/or custom development object that are different between DEV and QAS. Check if all the transports have been applied and check with developers if there could be some kind of an impact on their side.

If it is not working correctly in DEV, then you have not configured correctly (or, again, there also could be a user exit or something).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

first of all, my apologies for my late response. now to the issue...

i checked DEV and QAS, and the settings (at least for SD) are the same for pricing procedure, condition types, copy controls (VTFF), etc.

now the behavior of retro-billing in DEV is correct. that is, if invoice price was previously USD 15.00 per unit, and the price was changed to USD 16.00, retro-billing using credit/debit memo type G2/L2 will result in a debit memo for USD 1.00. the system will first display the old price at USD 15.00, the new value of USD 16.00, and the difference of USD 1.00.

in QAS, the behavior was different. as in DEV, the system first displays the old and new value, with the difference. however, once retro-billing is executed, the system issues a debit memo for USD 16.00 (entire new value). retro-billing must be re-processed again before the system will issue a credit memo for USD 15.00 (reversing the original amount). although the net effect is the same, the system issued 2 billing documents instead of only one. was this because of a configuration error? i could not find any differences in settings.

also, if i defined my own billing types say, ZG2 and ZL2, the processing will be in error. not only will the system issue credit/debit memos for the entire amounts, the system does not seem to update status as it allows unlimited credit/debit memos as a result of retro-billing (error).

once again, i thank you for your valued insights.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

Do you have the condition PDIF in the relevant pricing procedure in the QAS client? If this condition is missing, system will consider the original value while doing Retro-Billing.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your suggestion has apparently helped! the behavior is now correct. i will test this some more and report the results.

many thanks!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 695976 - 'Create with reference' of text items and pricing

Symptom:

During the creation of a credit memo with reference to a billing document, the system displays error message V1801:

"Pricing error: Mandatory condition & is missing"

On the overview screen of the billing items, the system displays error message VF073:

"Pricing error in item &".

The prerequisites required:

- the credit memo has been created with function 'Create billing document with reference to the billing document'

- the reference billing document contains a text item

Cause:

In general, text items (item type 'B' (field VBRP-POSAR)) are not relevant to price determination.

During the creation of a credit memo with reference to the a billing document, the pricing is nevertheless carried out, which is not correct.

Solution as per the note

Consider the attached correction.

Also check,

Note 388112 - Change of pricing procedures in the production system

Note 379202 - Pricing incomplete for billed items

Hope it can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the system issues message V1801