Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your thoughts on this

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed one synchronous SOAP to SOAP scenario between SAP ECC and .net.I have exposed RFC function module as Web Service and my source system .net application will give Web Service request.

When ever .net application sends a request PI will take it and send it RFC Web service and revert back with response, it is fine.

Now I am planning to give one web service URL to .net application guys, like I will expose my interface as a service, they will cal this service(interface) from .net application, when ever they call my interface ,then interface will execute.

Share your thoughts on this,

Thanks and Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if my understating is wrong.

I am planning to give one web service URL to .net application guys, *like I will expose 
my interface as a service*, they will cal this service(interface) from .net application, 
when ever they call my interface ,then interface will execute

This is same what we do in a normal SOAP sender scenario, like we will generate

the WSDL from sender agreement or tool in ID and that will have a posting URL.

The .NET application needs to consume this WSDL to create structure at there

end and post the request with the URL which we shared.

At the receiver side you have RFC FM, which you can call and get back the response and send back the soap response to .net application which requested the service.Do you face any issue with such a design

Regards,

Srinivas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,Vijay,

Thanks for your inputs,

yes the sender SOAP interface will work like that only,but i never used SOAP as a sender till now,so bit confused.

many thanks,

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if we get WSDL for request and response data formats then we no need to create Data types, elas we have to create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

if we get WSDL for request and response data formats then we no need to create Data types, 
elas we have to create

A System (sync saop)->PI-> (sync Soap) B System.

If you have some mapping to be done and strucutes at A and B differ.

In this case: For A you need to give PI generated WSDL to A .i.e you need to create the Data type ,

or you can import XSD is they shared and create a service interface and confgure you scenario.By this was A will be able to post data to PI.

For B system : B system has to give you the WSDL which you can import in PI and use URL mentioned in WSDL

in the soap receiver channel to post data to B.

If strucuture at req/resp source and target is same , then i think you can create Data type / or use if provided to you.

Create SI outbound sysn and SI inbound sync with a same /single message type.

Regards,

Srinivas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am planning to avoind creating data type for Request Response, so it saves lot of time,so i have requested my .net aplication team to provide WSDL/XSD for the same,they are going to do that.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your understanding of the scenario looks perfect...

just food for thought.

if you want to restrict the authorisations to call Webservice that can be done at sender agreement..

if you want to use the concept of principal propagations then you can use SAML...

if no special requirements then you can proceed as you mentioned...

Gud Luck

Rajesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Rajesh for your confirmation,

I required WSDL( request, response ) right?? i dont have with me,so i want to request them to provide that.

Thanks,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

your understanding is correct