cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to GET data from external secure website?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to get data from a secure website. It is something like I try to get my bank statement online, where I have a user id and password to the secure website and try to get the data from XI.

Does anybody have any idea how we could do it? What adapter should be used.

I would really appreciate your help and award points.

Thank,

Arjun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depends on how u are connecting to the website and getting the data.

But you can do this using HTTP/Java Proxies. You can use HTTP if you are connecting via a URL. thats the most standard procedure.

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me describe it a little more in detail. If I were to use the HTTP adapter, the sender party should configure the parameters in their system, right? But here it won't happen. I won't be interacting with them at all. I just need to GET the data from the secure website and XI has to pull the data somehow.

Can anybody throw some light in to it?

Thanks,

Arjun

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can think about WebService here. i,e you can invoke the Webservice in XI.. You can go with SOAP Sender Adapter here.

Refer this blog may help you-

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand it correctly, you cant do HTTP POST or cant invoke a webserice from external site and you do not have have any control over external site except the site's userid/password for you to get the bank statement, I dont think there is a staright farward way to communcate with XI.

May be you can try screen scapping in a java program and call the XI from that java program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are Trying to do an HTTP GET and want to do that without accessing the other application. Thats not Possible.

But, the other application can keep their data in a file and you can bring the File inside your firewall and XI can access.

Please place your requirement in more detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a Synchronous call to your Bank from XI, I belive

Send your Userid/Pwd thru an HTTP/SOAP Adapter and they need to send the Application response thru HTTP or SOAP.