cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of unit of measurement during GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Base unit of material is Ton and sampling scheme is to be made with ref to no. of coils (eg, for 25 coils, sample qty is 2, for 50 coils sample size is 10). How to map this in SAP? How to define lot qty in terms of no. of coils? 1 ton = 5 coils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Base unit of material is Ton and sampling scheme is to be made with ref to no. of coils (eg, for 25 coils, sample qty is 2, for 50 coils sample size is 10). How to map this in SAP?

Inspection lot will always be created with base unit of measurement.

How to define lot qty in terms of no. of coils? 1 ton = 5 coils

You have to then set the conversion rule in the material master.then while creating po itself you will have to create po in number of coils......

then you can create the sampling scheme as you said

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check wih your MM consultant, what is the order unit they are maintaining in Material Master. If the Order unit is coils, your problem will be solved - the PO will take the Order unit into consideration, if this field is blank base unit of measure will be taken as order unit.

Ina ddition,the lot qty of sampling scheme UOM is the sample Unit of Measure you maintain in the inspection plan. So, maintain your sample UOM as coils and define your sampling scheme lot qty (system wil consider coils as UOM here).To convert the Sample Unit of Measure into the Base Unit of Measure (if different), you need to maintain the conversion rule in the Material Master.

Hope it solves your issue.

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: ram on Jun 23, 2010 10:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I tried doing PO with unit in coils. In MIgo also coils is taken as UOM. But as lot is created in Tonnes, sample calculation is taking lot qty in tons.

like for lot size 1-25 coils my sample size is 2. but for 2 coils, inspection lot is 0.08 Ton. Sample is calculatd taking 0.08 ton as lot size and sample size becomes 0.08.

Dear Ram,

I have maintained relationship between ton and coils in MM01. Still when i make sample UOM coil, system warning is coils can not be concverted to Ton. And sample calculation again becomes based on ton. msg is "Message no. QP505

Diagnosis

When an inspection lot is created with this plan, the system must be able to convert the sample unit into the corresponding material unit of measure. This is not dependent on the conversion of the sample unit into the unit of the plan header.

Since the sample unit cannot be converted into the unit of the plan header, it is possible that you have made an entry error."

Edited by: Swarnali_D on Jun 24, 2010 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Sujit and Ram.

Its solved. Maintained BUOM, order unit in tons. Inspection lot header "from lot size" unit is kept in coils . same for sample (in coils).

Sample size is being calculated in Tons but no. of places for result entry in RR screen is as per the scheme.