cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in adobe forms scripting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create here an Interactive form embedded into a Wed Dynpro Java application. On the Interactive form i simply have a Text Field and two buttons.

On the click of one button, the Text Field should get Invisible, and on the click of the second button the Text Field should be visible again. When in the NWDS, in the Livecycle Designer i try to look from the Preview PDF tab, the functionality works perfectly fine and i get no issues whatsoever. But when i deploy and open the same application in Internet Explorer this functionality does not work. I have tried testing this using IE 7 and also IE 8, along with different versions of adobe reader(8 and 9) but nothing seems to work.

For Button1 to make Text Field invisible i have doen the scripting as below:

Subform.TextField.presence = "hidden";

and, for the Button2 to make the Text Field visible again i have done the scripting as:

Subform.TextField.presence = "visible";

If somebody has any idea, kindly help me find where I'm going wrong.

Thanks,

Abhishek Goel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Set the property of the interactive form dynamically.

wright the below code in wdDoModifyView()

if(firstTime){

IWDInteractiveForm Form = (IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("ID of Interactive Form Ui Element");

Form.setDynamicPDF(true);

}

Also use the complete path for the visibility setting like if your Text field is under BodyPage->Subform->TextField

Then use

BodyPage.Subform.TextField.presence = "hidden";

Regards

Ravindra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for taking such pain for this.

To set the form type, in the LCD I went to the menu bar EDIT-->Form Properties where in the Preview tab was the Form Type property. It gives you the option of Static and Dynamic. So there i set this value as Dynamic form. Hope I'm doing it right.

As far as Warning tab or Syntax check is concerned, I'm not getting any sort of error or warning there.

Thanks,

Abhishek Goel.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you have to set the property in the program code. I am not sure, because I am not a WDJ expert at all, but I believe such problem has been discussed here already. Search a little, I hope I am not totally out. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Yes i have already made the form type as Dynamic in the Form Properties. Still i'm facing the issue and as i mentioned earlier the scripting seems to be working fine in the preview pdf tab.

Thanks,

Abhishek Goel.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like your script is ok (if it works in the preview), so the problem is somewhere else. To doulecheck this, use the warning tab or syntax check in the LCD. Also doublecheck the address of the field, you´re manipulating, but if it works in the preview, then it should work any time.

Anyway I believe I am right, because the only difference (between the preview and the "print") could be in this form type. I don´t see any other points where a difference could be found.

How do you set up the form type? Dynamic/ interactive?

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check..wether u are using ZCI layout or not..and u need to provide the complete heirarchy..

Thanks,

Madhukar.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set your form to be dynamic (allow changes of layout at runtime)? Otto