cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Status in SAP EASY DMS using tcode DC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am using sap easy dms , My requirement is that once I release the doucment system should not allow me change it to work request state.

Scenaro is Initially teh document by default is in WORK REQUEST state then I change the status as RELEASED,

My requirement is that once relased system should not allow me chages teh staus back to work request.

Please Guide.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to achieve this behavior you have to setup your status network for the affected document type in transaction DC10 under

'Define document status'. Here you should have maintained all different document status for this document type. In the details of each status entry you can define up to 6 previous status. By maintaining such previous status a status network is build which defines exactly which status can be used as a follow-up status. On the upper right side of this screen you will also find a small 'Status Net' button which helps to display the current status network graphically.

In your case the 'Release' status should be the end status which means that no other status (e.g. Work request) should have the 'Release' status maintained as previous status. With this setting the graphic overview of the status network should display the 'Release' status at the right end side of the network and no further connection should be displayed here.

But please keep in mind that the release status is a 'locked' status in most customer systems. This means as soon as this status is set some data may no longer be changed (e.g. originals). If then the status cannot be changed too, you are in a kind of dead-end street. This means you can only set the status 'Released' in CV02N but not switch it back to another status.

So maybe it would be better to think about a authorization concept which does not allow most of your users to set the status to 'Work Request' again. But in this case you may allow this change for some users and so these users will be able to put a document info record back to work. Please note that this is just a proposal from my side and for further questions I would recommend you to contact your local consulting organisation which will help you to realise such an authorization concept which will match your requirements.

I hope that this information regarding the status network customizing could be useful for you to achieve the mentioned behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Christoff

Appreciate the early reply ,

Right now my scenario is

I have three dcoument STATUS

1) WORK REQUEST

2) RELEASED

3) OLD VERSION

By default the document is in state *WORK REQUEST* then I change it to RELEASE STATE which changed to OLD VERSION if needed.

My requirement was that once a document state is changed from WORK REQUEST to RELEASED system should not allow me to chnage the status to work request ,but system should allow me chage it to OLD VERSION

Present setting in dms DC10

Document type is STI

1) STATUS WORK REQUEST : Status type is "I " and PREV 1 is RELEASED STATE 2) STATUS RELEASED : Status type is "S" and PREV 1 is WORK REQUEST 3) STATUS OLD VERSION : Status tpe is "S" and PREV 1 is RELEASED

Kindly guide me where the settings is to be changed .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

For your requirements, the status network would have the following values:

1) STATUS WORK REQUEST : Status type is "P" and no PREV STATUS to be defined

2) STATUS RELEASED : Status type is "I" and PREV status is WORK REQUEST

3) STATUS OLD VERSION : No Status type to be defined and PREV status is RELEASED

P.S. Use authorization concept for granting user access.

Test the status network once done and confirm if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

I could not suggest another reply compared to Pradeepkumar. The status Work request may not have a previous status maintained. With this setting your users should not be able to set the status back to Work request from a 'released' document info record.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph/Pradeep

Your sussegstion has helped me in solving teh issue ,

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

You suggestion helped me in solving the issue than you very much

Answers (0)