Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Grey Colour on EWA session only for PI systems

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange issue when I try to generate EWA report for PI systems. For all other systems the reports are generated fine and in PI systems are exactly the same configurations as in other systems. I want to let you know that in PI systems in SDCCN there I have scheduled Sessions Refresh with target RFC destination SM_<SID>CLNT000_BACK (Solution Manager) and Maintenance Package with target RFC SM_<SID>CLNT000_BACK (Solution Manager). After Maintenance Package is running this generate one session number being send to Solution Manager. I think the configurations in satellite systems are ok (PI systems), but in solution manager after I start to process the data I get one report generated with grey color and only two pages. Do you know which will be the reason? Also I checked note 727998, and this didnu2019t help me.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Florin Radulea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As last resort try this note 727998

Hope this helps.

-=-Ragu

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note 727998 - Complete Replacement of Service Definitions for SDCC/SDCCN is only valid for Grey Rated EWA

reports if Function modules named SAPWL_TCODE_AGGREGATION* may also be missing.

I still think SAP Note "762696 - Grey rating for Earlywatch Alert" is the document that will lead you to the issue. There are a lot of other notes to check that are referenced by this one, even some you should apply if relevent like 1322899, and it recommends when to apply 727998. So I don't think this is a note you want to skim over. You want to check every paragraph

closely, and check every Note and recommendation.

I would further suggest if you have done the due dilligence with SAP Note 762696 and it does not offer the resolution, then open a service message with SAP.

Regards,

Paul

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

The note 762696 helped me to solve my problem.

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Florin,

I would suggest that you begin with SAP Note 762696 - Grey Rating for EarlyWatch Arlert.

As it is a PI system, you may want to check SAP Note 1332428 - Missing Data in Service Session from BI/CCDB, this is for Non_ABAP systems. So I am not sure how you have setup your PI system, but if it is a Java system, then there is a trouble

shooting guide attached to this not that can also be helpful when EWA's are Grey Rated.

If you have just recently updated to EHP1, you may want to consider SAP Note 1322899 - EWA incomplete after importing EHP/Product incorrect.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I checked those notes but my problem is because these systems (PI systems) are not able to generate EWA reports for ABAP stacks. There is not needed to generate reports for JAVA stacks. I want first to generate reports for ABAP stacks. I mention that in SMSY I set PI systems as being as ABAP also.

Can you also give me another advices?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Florin Radulea

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

If this is an ABAP Stack system, then you will need to review SAP Note 762696 very closely as it refers to several other notes.

Check your SDCCN logs and make sure the data transfer was complete without errors.

Some functional modules could be missing - Note 932861?

Make sure the product version on the cover sheet is the right product version.

Ensure the user running SM:EXEC SERVICES has the correct authorizations.

In SMSY make sure the selection of main instances is correct.

Again all these checks and pertainent notes are in SAP Note 769628.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Paul,

> Thank you for your response.

> I checked those notes but my problem is because these systems (PI systems) are not able to generate EWA reports for ABAP stacks. There is not needed to generate reports for JAVA stacks. I want first to generate reports for ABAP stacks. I mention that in SMSY I set PI systems as being as ABAP also.

> Can you also give me another advices?

> Thank you,

> Kind regards,

> Florin Radulea

Dear Florin

You might want to review the following note :

1322899 EWA incomplete after importing EHP/product incorrec

Regards

Amit

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

I checked Note 1322899 but this doesn't apply in my case because my Solution Manager has already ST-SER Release 701_2008_2 to SP06 (SAPKITLOQ6).

Can give me another advice?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Florin,

If this is an ABAP system I would advise reviewing SAP Note 762696 closely, and follow the refernces it makes to other notes.

This is the best Note for troubleshooting Grey rated EWA reports. But you can't skip over parts. It needs to be gone over closely and all the checks made. Should you still not find a soltuion through that note, I would recommend opening a problem

message with SAP Support on this issue.

Regards,

Paul