SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In FICA we have the option of using "Single Doc" whereby documents will not be summarised while transferring to FI.Wherefrom this functionality can be activated?

Thanks,

Banasri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Banasri:

Do you not see the checkbox on the FPE1 initial screen? I do not believe that this function can be globally activated but rather can only be chosen by individual users during document creation.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Banasri:

Do you not see the checkbox on the FPE1 initial screen? I do not believe that this function can be globally activated but rather can only be chosen by individual users during document creation.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.Actually I want to transfer payment documents individually to FI to do bank reconciliation.I can do the same for payment lot transfer, but for direct debit run I am not sure how to do that.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Banasri

are you loing at incoming or outgoing payments.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the event 0940.This event sets the assignment number, reference key, and item text in the transfer to the general ledger individually.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

I don't see that event 0940 will help as that is called only during GL transfer and is based on reconciliation key, not the individual FICA posting documents.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Of the import parameters for the event FKK_SAMPLE_0940 is -Object for Which the Reconciliation Key is Reserved (DFKKSUMC-RESOB)

The object key DFKKSUMC-RESOB determines the type of functional process for which the recokey is reserved.

Based on the object key, we can fetch the reconciliation key and subsequently the document type and then populate the assignment number field with custom text (say Bank name).

In FS10n, then we can use this assignment number as filtering criteria for doing a bank reconciliation.

Thanks,

Amlan

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

from release 4.71 you could use event 0061: "Posting: Check Complete Document, Set Customer Fields", in this event you could determine that specific documents should post as single document. In document header is the flag "single doc." (XEIBH) changeable.

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

My requirement is I want to post all payment documents as single document so that FI Bank Reconciliation can be done.Payments can come through Cash Desk,Lots , Direct Debit. I want to know what is the best way to achieve the same , or whether Bank Reconciliation is possible in FICA only.

Whether I should use "Single Document" concept or go for any other options.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi Banasri,

It all depends on how your settlement figures come in. I would assume that for Direct Debit you get one settlement figure for the run. If that is the case then I would post the total of the direct debit run to the clearing account and use the bank statement clearing to clear it off in FI.

Any rejections that you receive on the bank statement I would post through FI and then post into FICA through the normal two step bank reconciliation process. That will transfer it to a Return Lot for posting or clarification in FICA.

Natalie