cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment: Tuple table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I have a main table and a Tuple table is linked to it.

The requirement is to update a field in the Main table with the same value as the record's Tuple member field via assignment. Or any other way.

Thanks,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am confused with your requirement.

what do you mean by tuple table?

Is tuple multivalued

My understanding is:

You have a field in maintable M1 that is referring to some Tuple(please clear that this multivalued or single value field)

Now you have another field in Maintable i.e.M2 and you want same value that is assigned to M1

Please clear yr requirement.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Tuple is single valued.

Field in maintable is "MF1" that is referring to Tuple(single value field) table "T1".

T1 has a field TF1.

Now I want to assign the value of TF1 to MF1 (via assignment or any other way)

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

I am really sorry but still i am not getting your question.

Yuu have a main table field MF1 that is referiing to tuple T1(There is nothing like tuple table)

Please tell me exact structure of tuple t1

If the field is already reffering to tuple then what is the need of assignment.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

You have two maintable field m1 and m2.

You have tuple t1 with field t11 and t12.

m1 is reffering to tuple t1.

you want assigment that assign t12 to m2 .

Is my understanding right.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

Let me try again.

I have 1 Main table. It has fields MF1 , MF2 , MF3.

MF1 is of type Text.

MF2 is of type Tuple and is linked to the tuble table "Tu_MF2"

Tu_MF2 tuple table has fields say: TF1 (Display) & TF2.

I want to assign value of field TF1 to MF1.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

this is not possible as you would need an assignment that looks into a tuple. Unfortunately, MDM cannot handle that.

As a workaround I would recommend to create the tuple fields on main table level since the tuple is anyways only single valued.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

As of now, MDM does not support Tuple Assignments. So this is not Possible through Assignments as you see that in Expression you can select only MF2.(Record) not MF2.TF1.

I would suggest that you can export a file from MDM syndicator with 2 fields(1. MDM Main Table DF, 2. MF2.TF1)

Now re-import it through Import Manager where you map DF of Src file with MDM Main table DF and Src field MF2.TF1 with MF1.

For future newly created main table records through Import Manager, You can clone this field MF2.TF1 (whatever name in your Source) I mean original file and map this clone field with MF1 of main table and keep the rest of fields mapped as before.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

What i understand about the requirement is

Maintable fields

M1 is single value and type tuple

M2 is type text

M3 is type text

Tuple T1

tf1(display field)

tf2 type text

Now M1 is of type tuple and T1 is assigned to M1.

Requirement is

Assign tf2 value of M1 record vale to M2 .

I think this is possible as M1 is single valued and if it is single valued then we can access each field of tuple and assign it to other field.

In case of multi valued then only these field not come in expression.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

Thanks for the reply.

I also have another Tuple which is Multi-Valued and for which the requirement is same.

Can you suggest some possible way for it.

Mandeep, Christian , thanks for the replies.

Mandeep, the suggestion is good. But, the tuple field value will actually be a part of a larger assignment expression. Therefore, this will not fullfill the requirement.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

In my repository, I have all fields in main table which is lookup to Tuple (Multi-valued), So at my end i am not able to see whether for lookup single valued Tuple, we can select all the fields from Expression. May be you are right, i don't have any test repository to verify it :(.

@Priti, If you can select MF2.TF1 from Expression then there is no need to use Import Manager as workaround. Else this is one way which you can do it for lookup Multi-valued Tuple.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mandeep,

Ya this is possible i just tried and its working fine.

@priti : no its not possible in case of multivalued beacuse we donot have acces to particular field as in last post mandeep mentioned.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

For Single valued Tuple table, the Tuple members are available in the assignment expression.

But, not for Multi-Valued. I need for this too.

Any more suggestions.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

just learned something new about assignments on single-valued tuples.

In order to better understand your requirement, I would like to know, why and especially in which form you need the data from the tuples in a text field. I suppose there is a reason why they are currently in a tuple and not in a main table text field. Wouldn't it simply be enough to make these fields in the tuple display fields? What do you need to achieve with this requirement?

Best regards

Christian

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Goood question.

See, like I mentioned I want the tuple field value to be assigned to a text field in the main table.

This text field will hold values from different fields as part of description. The field from the Multivalued Tuple is one of it.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti

since the tuple is MV, what is expected from the assignment. Should it return v1,v2.,v3..?

I would suggest to add the same field in main table as Text and populate the tuple value during import.

best regards-Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to do it using Assignment.