cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO for Muliple Plants through delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have configured the STO process through Delivery and Shipment for my 4 plants within one CC. The process is running end to end. The problem is that one of my plant can recieve stock from any one of my other 3 plants or you can say that 1 plant can transfer stock to any of the other 3 plants as the requirement arises.

Unfortunately, in SAP Customizing Implementation Guide - Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set up Stock Transport Order - Define Shipping Data for Plants there is provision for entering only one customer number and I have created a separate customer master for all 4 of my plants. I need to do this for automatic route determination.

Can anyone please suggest a solution or a work around for this process.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The customer in V_001W_IV-KUNNR is "plant customer", it represents the issuing / supplying plant to which it is assigned and not the customer(s) of receiving plant(s).

You have to extend this customer to the STO sales area of its own plant and of the receiving plants'. Whenever you create an sTO in which the receiving plant is this, the plant customer will appear in the delivery as ship-to. Independently from the supplying plant, the ship-to party is the same if the receiving plant is the same.

So, one of them is enough even if you have several plants and you want to have STOs between them.

You can define several customers for issuing plant based on plant/storage location combinations:

SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set Up STO > Set Up Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations > Define Shipping Data for Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations

However I guess you only have to understand how this works and you need only one customer per plant...

Please understand how it works before sending lots of messages...

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 23, 2010 4:19 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree to Mr.Csaba Szommer.

Check on this for further clarification:-

pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 plant can deliver to other 3 plants and can recieve stock from the other three plants as well. So I cannot make one to one relation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not a 1 to 1 relationship. 1 plant/customer can ship to many plants. Just as one plant can ship to as many different customers as you make sales to them, and you can receive from many different vendors.

You select a plant in the Set up STO in configuration, and you give it THAT plant's customer number. Not the customer number of the plant that it is shipping to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that while creating STO through dalivery and shipment, the shipment tab is activated in STO where the recieveing plant is determined through the configuration node that I have mentioned. I have the option of attaching only one customer in customizing whereas I have multiple plants which all have a separate customer number.

If I dont include a customer number in customizing the shipment tab is not activated in the STO. Error msg is generated that shipment details are not complete. The reason I want multiple customer numbers for stock transfer is that the route can be determined automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

make one to one relation at spro > mm > purchasing > purchase order > setup for sto

one supplying plant and another as recving plant and make the vice versa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not really see where you have the problem.

I have about 350 plants in my system, and any plant can deliver and receive from any other plant.

350 plants means 350 customers and 350 vendors.