cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random inspection of 04 inspection type for batch material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is that against one production order confirmation several batches of 04 insp type are to be created. 1st batch must go for quality check. For other batches configuration will be such that we can chose random batches for inspection if necessary.

But if I activate 04 type in QM view, wont it create lot everytime batch is generated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create manual lot of 04 inspection type.This is possible in QA01->enter Plant & origin 04.Then enter order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks!

Can I use DMR for this, I got a suggestion to use inspection for 1st lot and skip for others. We have to do random inspection before skip time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use DMR for this, I got a suggestion to use inspection for 1st lot and skip for others. We have to do random inspection before skip time.

Its always possible to use DMR in such a case but Suppose lot you want to inspection is cleared by auto UD then again you have to reverse the lot....This possibility is always there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If using DMR, will this setting be fine?

stage 1: Insp sev: blank, skip, no. of skips :999, next stage: 1, no. of rej: 1, next step 2. skip duration 1 day

• Stage 2*:insp sev: normal, no skip, initial stage, no of OK: 1, stage 1, no of rejection:1, stage 2

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your problem will be the requirement that this is done for the first batch of the process/production order.

I don't think you can get the DMR to reset to the first stage, (i.e inspect first batch), when you create another order.

If you are using an order for a given time frame, i.e. one week, or one day, or one month, you can then set the the maximum number of days to reset. But that might nto work well depending on when you create the first lot on the frist stage. I.e. you create new orders ever Monday. (once a week). But you don't create the first batch until Thursday. The second batch is made on Thursday also and is now a skip lot. Your maximum days at skip is 7. The DMR won't reset until the following Thursday. But on Monday you create new orders. All receipts will be skip lots until Thursday.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thats the problem,client cant assure to create order on particular time period always.again if we go for fixed no of lots per order that also not possible for them. But the scenario is their requirement and they need that anyhow.but i am sure you guys will come up with an idea.pls help!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I would set up my inspections to happen all the time in the material master.

Look at using one of the following user exits:

QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

You can than influence if the lot is created or not. When you enter the user exit, check to see if any inspection lots exist with the same order number. If not then create the lot but set it as a skip lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF

I will try with this and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Can you please guide me exactly where to trigger this exit? Can I control no. of inspection lot as per no. of line items here( Like, for 10 line items, 2 lots and for 20 line items 5 lots)?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have a developer help you with this. It requires coding to be done. Any developer should be able to activate a user exit given the name of the exit.

FF