cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order schedule confirmed date will consider Production capacity load

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we know about schedule confirm delivery dates of sales order will consider based on material master lead time ,shiping point etc

How to consider production capacity plan on sales order's delivery date.

Say for example :

Production workcenter capacity to produce the XYZ material 10qty in a Day.

today i have created the sales order XYZ materail qty of 100. lead days has give based of MMR 21 days 17-07-2010( 3 sundays)

and in same day i have created other sales order XYZ material qty 5000 ,the lead days again it will came 17-07-2010.

Now my client requiremnt is when the schedule days is confirming in the sale order it sholud also consider the production capacity planning also(CR01,CR02)

Even though my work centers are overloaded it is confirming the sales order on 17-07-2010 (based on leads days in MMR)

Need your Inputs on issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO we have recommeded to client

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mario told in above post APO suits your requirement.IN ERP copacity planning not relevent to delivery sceduled date.

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a complex issue; best solution is by using APO/GATP.

If not, then in ERP only, the second best is:

1) Work with assembly processing in SO, meaning that a production/planned order is automatically created in the customer order during order creation.

2) Then, after the order is created it is scheduled, and the delivery date proposal is based on that.

3) Now you can check in the order that there are no capacity overloads, and all capacity required to produce on the proposed date is available. If yes, you're done. If not, it gets a bit complex, since you actualy need to switch to capacity planning, do capacity leveling and dispatch (PP), and the you get a new feasible schedule proposal based on that.

APO/GATP could do all that automatically!

Regards,

Mario