cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

How to create usage decision for a new plant, we have usage decisions created for 3 plants, say plantX, PlantY, PlantZ. In transaction QA32, after entering the material and plantX, go to usage decision in that screen in UD Code, when I press F4 I get the list of usage decision 01 for plantX, 01 for PlantY, 01 for PlantZ.

I want to create another usage decision 01 for my new plant i.e say PlantT

I have assigned set indicator to usage decision in QS51, in catalogue 3 I have assigned all the necessary fields in set indicator. After this also I could'nt create another usage decision for my new plantT.

Can you please help me as I am new to QM module.

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

If you have already cretaed Selected set, then check the status of it which must be "Released". also check the status of the code group which is assigned to selected set must be in "Released" codition.

If you have not created selected set then proceed as follow:

1. Create Code group (QS41), select catalog 3 Usage decision and enter code groups

2. Create selected set (QS51), it is defined with respect to Plant, hence assign your new plant over here, and entercatalog as 3 then assign code group which is created in step 1

Assigned codes with selected set created above with respect to plant and catalog 3 appers in usage decision field in QA11

Regads

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QS41 is always at client level QS41 whenever u Code groups & code with QS41 it is at client level.

Create with QS51 this t code is at palnt level. So for ur new plant create selectio set for UD by selecting code groups & code as per ur requirement.

Then only you can find it at ur new plant when u will give UD.

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

First of all in QS41 Create the code group, Give the catalog and the code group and enter,Give short description and the status.

Select the code group and click on code, Give the code and the short text for the code. Now go to QS51 give the catalog, plant, and the selected set and enter, give the shot text for the selected set and status, select the selected set and click on selected set codes, there give the code group and its codes and their concerned code valuation and quality score,

Now you can see this in QA32 at the time of UD, See that the status is released in both QS41 and QS51.

Regards,

Naveen.